MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Chaity

New Year 2006 spotting in KLIA

Rozhan

Unfortunately no private aircraft can operate into WMKF without prior approval from Mindef. The reality is the RSFC property there belongs to RSFC and the airport facilities to the DCA. TUDM is just a squatter but now controls all movements on the ground and in the air there.

The C172's I fly belong to or are operated by the Royal Selangor Flying Club (RSFC).

As for the blackouts, the beacons are supposed to be backed up by battery/generator so that the obstacle lights are always on. In any case the obstacles are all mapped out in the DCA's AIP and NOTAM which every airman should keep up to date with. Even a crane doing work near any airport is reported in the NOTAM's.

Teoh, Min Chun

Good idea for spotting at PEN. PM me your mobile no.'s and I'll contact you when I arrive at PEN (going there on AK on Jan 29 morning).

Mr Ooi? Probably in the terminal building, not in the tower. Airport is run by MAB but tower is still under DCA.

PR NDB is actually near Bagan Serai (not Parit Buntar) and VFR flights used to report there. Nowadays we are told to go for Tg Piandang by Butterworth Approach and switch to Penang Tower from there.

Chaity

Great shots there. Love the OS pic, leak or no leak.

Attan and Teoh...hmm..I'm penang kid..not penang guy.biggrin.gif 16yrs old only..biggrin.gif

Good idea..but hopefully my mum will allow me to go out lar.. tongue.gif

Teoh.u also from Pen? I can follow? Freerife ka? biggrin.gif smile.gif

Attan..Jan 29..already in Lgk to meet up my granpa+granma as they r living there..so remember to have some shots for me k? cool.gif

Edited by Min Chun

woooa nice Pic Chaity.. Love it All.. Austrian Leaking Toilet again kaaa. ???

woooa nice Pic Chaity.. Love it All.. Austrian Leaking Toilet again kaaa. ???

24081[/snapback]

No idea, perhaps some insider info will help.

Chaity, those guards or MAB securities are checking for debris or checking out for terrorist? Looks like an AK in his hand?? biggrin.gif

Dear Spotters,

As requested by some fellow members, just wish to inform that I have 2 KUL shuttle flights in a space of two weeks. Each time operating two times per day.

24th Jan 2006

SQ 112 Arriving KUL approximately 1610LT

SQ 113 Departing KUL approximately 1700LT

SQ 118 Arriving KUL approximately 2055LT

SQ 119 Departing KUL approximately 2145LT

Same timings again on the 6th Feb 2006. We in SQ are pretty strict about on time departures. Timings should not be too far off unless Lumpur Control 123.75 slows us down on the way into 14L/32L.

Dun think anyone will be around to smap smap as it is a weekday and wth the recent rain pouring day in day out, think its better u guys stay indoors and not catch a cold.

Not sure if they are sending any Star Alliance up. I dont know how to find out until the day I report for flight.

Cheers,

LeeCH

Not sure if they are sending any Star Alliance up. I dont know how to find out until the day I report for flight.

24236[/snapback]

LeeCH, call to flight operation and ask: May i know where is SRE please? smile.gif

LeeCH,

will snap you on 24th. i am not sure i would be free but normally i can juggle with my schedules during second half of the day. i'll be at weather centre for your 1655 dep. will take the nose, my favourite. and it would be nicer to snap a nose from the weather centre when u know the person who occupies the right seat. and hope the weather will be cooperative. just like jonathan and i did many months ago when TK was nearing V1 on a gloomy afternoon. i'll PM you few days before that to confirm.

user posted image

Teoh, Min Chun

Good idea for spotting at PEN. PM me your mobile no.'s and I'll contact you when I arrive at PEN (going there on AK on Jan 29 morning).

Mr Ooi? Probably in the terminal building, not in the tower. Airport is run by MAB but tower is still under DCA.

PR NDB is actually near Bagan Serai (not Parit Buntar) and VFR flights used to report there. Nowadays we are told to go for Tg Piandang by Butterworth Approach and switch to Penang Tower from there.

23652[/snapback]

Attan... Yes, PR is near Bagan Serai, just by the main road. It's quite misleading about this NDB because it is nearer to Bagan Serai but it's named Parit Buntar.

Em... Is there an NDB or whatever navigation facility at Tanjung Piandang? Or do you just identify Tg. Piandang with your bare eyes? And yeah... I have been thinking to spot at Tg. Piandang beach as I believed a/c approaching WMKP Rwy 04 could pass by the shore just some miles away... Or even right above us...

OK... Let's spot at Penang when possible! I'll be back on Chinese New Year for about four days.

How nice.

So Teoh, you're studying at UM are you ? Will probably give you a buzz when I'm at UM. I normally drop by at Pekan Buku to buy my textbooks before I head back to Adelaide.

23542[/snapback]

Sure! Just let me know when you are coming. Maybe a lunch or coffee time together... ;-)