MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Ja Singh

Qantas again!!

Big issue for me if I'm on the stricken plane.

With all the incidents it has prompted me to reconsider any future flights with the Airbus A330 series, especially the GE powered ones.

With all the incidents it has prompted me to reconsider any future flights with the Airbus A330 series, especially the GE powered ones.

The problem with the 330 does seem to involve those newer 330 powered by GE engines only. QF and AF 330 are all powered by GE, so are CI, BR and QR.

NW have 32x 332/333 in operation and are all very new ones. Just like MH, their 332/333 are powered by PW and they never reported anything suspicious about their 330 so far ...

<!--quoteo(post=230563:date=Jun 24 2009, 11:05 AM:name=S V Choong)-->

QUOTE (S V Choong @ Jun 24 2009, 11:05 AM)
<!--quotec-->With all the incidents it has prompted me to reconsider any future flights with the Airbus A330 series, especially the GE powered ones.<!--QuoteEnd-->
<!--QuoteEEnd-->

*snip*

NW have 32x 332/333 in operation and are all very new ones. Just like MH, their 332/333 are powered by PW and they never reported anything suspicious about their 330 so far ...

Remember reading somewhere that one of NW flights recently reported an incident relating to pitot tube icing. :huh: I'll reconsider trips on A330 just as a safeguard.

Oh wait, I'm flying the SQ A330 in late November... :blink:

<!--quoteo(post=230440:date=Jun 23 2009, 02:29 PM:name=Naim)-->

QUOTE (Naim @ Jun 23 2009, 02:29 PM)
<!--quotec-->Big issue for me if I'm on the stricken plane.<!--QuoteEnd-->
<!--QuoteEEnd-->

What do GE engines have to do with the AF crash ?....don't speculate until proven !!! :angry:

Too bad you won't fly the GE ones: no flights on KL or QR for you in that case, I guess... :o

• Like 1

What do GE engines have to do with the AF crash ?....don't speculate until proven !!! :angry:

Too bad you won't fly the GE ones: no flights on KL or QR for you in that case, I guess... :o

For me personally, I will avoid GE powered A330 as much as I could UNTIL things are proven. Better safe than sorry...

I will fly with KL and QR as long as they are not the same jet type :) They still have 777s which are GE powered which I am happy to fly with :) Plus QF or JQ A330 (which is closer to home for me) is a no-no for me. One should look at the incidents they have had in recent years.

Not trying to speculate this to everyone at all.... Thats just personal opinion and one doesn't even have to agree with me or follow it.

Edited by S V Choong

Sign in to follow this