MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Keith T

Mistake fare found on airasia.com

Checked out fares JHB-KUL on Air Asia (15th April). Rm 0 one way. Plus taxes of RM30.

So grand total of RM30 JHB-KUL.

Check it out!!! www.airasia.com

hahahaha you didn't see the big advertisement on their site ah! shhhheeeesshh I can imagine how exciting it would have been to see a RM0 airfare!! If I didn't know about the free seats, i would have done exactly what you did here Keith! laugh.gif No worries, mate! Enjoy the somewhat free-ride!

Less than 300,000 seats now remain! Hurry hurry hurry! Grab AK free seat to Macau! or Siem Reap! or Phnom Penh! or Bangkok! or Jakarta!

hahahaha you didn't see the big advertisement on their site ah!  shhhheeeesshh I can imagine how exciting it would have been to see a RM0 airfare!! If I didn't know about the free seats, i would have done exactly what you did here Keith! laugh.gif  No worries, mate! Enjoy the somewhat free-ride!

Less than 300,000 seats now remain! Hurry hurry hurry! Grab AK free seat to Macau! or Siem Reap! or Phnom Penh! or Bangkok! or Jakarta!

21787[/snapback]

Well I'm still thinking whether I should go for it as I have a policy of not flying on budget carriers; the one time on Virgin Blue was quite enough.

In April I'm flying on SQ to KUL and HKG with a friend. I was just checking out the various options for SIN-KUL as the shuttle flights are daylight robbery due to the government sanctioned duopoly SQ and MH enjoy. So now I'm thinking of going across the border to get an MH flight JHB-KUL. Could get one of the AK cheapies but unfortunately the schedules are not suitable for me. Going the other way on SQ KUL-SIN is cheap due to the conversion rates of a ticket bought in KL, so I'd do just that to prevent missing my flight to HKG.

Oh for KUL-based MW members, news flash: I'm tentatively there April 15th till April 18th.

Edited by Keith T

Well I'm still thinking whether I should go for it as I have a policy of not flying on budget carriers; the one time on Virgin Blue was quite enough.

You cann't really go wrong when it's free and you only pay taxes, can you ???

I definitely would go for it, if I were you wink.gif

You cann't really go wrong when it's free and you only pay taxes, can you ???

I definitely would go for it, if I were you  wink.gif

21831[/snapback]

Hmmmm... maybe. It's safety that's my biggest concern. Plus my parents went spare when they found out that I was even on a Virgin Blue a/c; I don't know how they'd react to me on Air Asia. tongue.gif

Besides for such a short sector JHB-KUL, the fare MH charges is not much more expensive. And the frills of MH service too lol. smile.gif

Edited by Keith T

Heh heh, in March I have 2 seats free one-way to Bali, in May 2 seats free both ways to Solo and and in August 3 seats free both ways to Bandung. Airport taxes need to be paid though.

Just hope I'll be free on those days.

Heh heh, in March I have 2 seats free one-way to Bali, in May 2 seats free both ways to Solo and and in August 3 seats free both ways to Bandung. Airport taxes need to be paid though.

Just hope I'll be free on those days.

21836[/snapback]

Yes... that's one thing that make me worry about booking

"free" seats.... We're not going to be free on that day laugh.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif

Hmmmm... maybe. It's safety that's my biggest concern. Plus my parents went spare when they found out that I was even on a Virgin Blue a/c; I don't know how they'd react to me on Air Asia. tongue.gif

Besides for such a short sector JHB-KUL, the fare MH charges is not much more expensive. And the frills of MH service too lol. smile.gif

21835[/snapback]

you gotta be kidding me man.... wtf.... safety wise, AK is pretty much near the top... reliability, very decent! its like a 30 min flight anyway... if you want to be really kiasu, you can take JAL first class between SIN and KUL... but ur wasting time and money IMHO...

Budget carriers do NOT compromise on safety!! they are operating under the same rules as MAS, SIA etc.. so don't worry lah...

you gotta be kidding me man....  wtf.... safety wise, AK is pretty much near the top...  reliability, very decent!  its like a 30 min flight anyway... if you want to be really kiasu, you can take JAL first class between SIN and KUL... but ur wasting time and money IMHO...

Budget carriers do NOT compromise on safety!! they are operating under the same rules as MAS, SIA etc.. so don't worry lah...

21838[/snapback]

Oh well...at least AK isn't Ryanair. tongue.gif I've still heard stories of horrific delays on AK though.

I couldn't even fly AK even if I wanted anyway as I'm landing in SIN at approx 0620 after a redeye (SQ 218) from MEL. AK departs JHB for KUL at either 0925 (much too risky for a SIN-JHB transfer which would take at least 3 hours), or 2055 (wouldn't wanna spend the day in JB and I wanna be in KL early-ish). They should have more than 2 dailies to compete with MH and drive MH's fares further down. tongue.gif

Pity I can't make it to KUL this trip, but April isnt too far away.

Edited by Keith T

you can make it.. quite easily lor... you just got to take the new bus service or taxi-cab from SIN..

AK delays are not THAT bad.. maybe 1 hour... atm, not enough aircraft and the market doesn't have many others... too bad lah.. wait a whole, then will have more lah.. JB is definately a good market for AXM.

you can make it.. quite easily lor... you just got to take the new bus service or taxi-cab from SIN..

AK delays are not THAT bad.. maybe 1 hour... atm, not enough aircraft and the market doesn't have many others... too bad lah.. wait a whole, then will have more lah..  JB is definately a good market for AXM.

21870[/snapback]

You mean theres a direct cab/bus service from Changi to Senai Airports?

yups! just enquire at AK website or even at Changi airport.. You'll enjoy the experience! its a quick hop on a fun airline! can walk on tarmac also! If you're a true aviation enthusiast, such an experience will enthral you!

yups! just enquire at AK website or even at Changi airport.. You'll enjoy the experience! its a quick hop on a fun airline! can walk on tarmac also! If you're a true aviation enthusiast, such an experience will enthral you!

21896[/snapback]

Deii...Be honest to the guy laa.....

The only walking on the tarmac you're gonna experience is the one where you go either from the bus to the aircraft (or vice versa)..or the terminal to the aircraft (or vice versa)...

Bear in mind..the latter usually only happens in small airports..like TGG and KBR...

I forgot, DJ is governing body for all LCC's...

Oh well...at least AK isn't Ryanair.  I've still heard stories of horrific delays on AK though.
Times 10, and you've got Qantas.

dei lah bro Imran, JHB can walk on tarmac what! smile.gif its quite a walk.. about 30m! and you can choose to board through rear or forward door smile.gif cannot walk around lah, but good opportunity for photos smile.gif

hehehe QF delays smile.gif the one airline i have expereinced that also is late to arrive even though it departed on time... reason: 4 missed approaches on a fairly normal day in PER, 2 burst tyres later on a month old A330, and your back on terra-firma. biggrin.gif

21896[/snapback]

Don't really care either way whether I get an aerobridge or walking on the tarmac. And no I'm not an aviation enthusiast in that sense. I'm only a back seat flyer enthusiast - an enthusiast of inflight service and people waiting on me. smile.gif Half the time I don't really care what the a/c I'm flying on looks like or what the model is, except if it's comfy inflight or not.

I forgot, DJ is governing body for all LCC's...

Times 10, and you've got Qantas.

21901[/snapback]

More like, if DJ was that crap the others must be worse.

21896[/snapback]

I hope by fun you didn't mean the airline's filled with giggly bimbos like on DJ and sometimes VS. tongue.gif

I hope by fun you didn't mean the airline's filled with giggly bimbos like on DJ and sometimes VS. tongue.gif

21945[/snapback]

don't worry lah, got some giggly guys also! hehehe but the crews are professional, and the seats are leather - not pleather smile.gif Don't knock it till you try it, lah smile.gif

don't worry lah, got some giggly guys also! hehehe but the crews are professional, and the seats are leather - not pleather smile.gif Don't knock it till you try it, lah smile.gif

21970[/snapback]

I'll take ur word for it. smile.gif

Sign in to follow this