MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
KK Lee

KUL International Arrival

MAHB has extended the KUL international arrival with cattle panels, exit for international arrival pax is now outside door 5 and 6 i.e. friends to greet arrival pax on the pavement, outside the terminal building like the old SGN terminal :( Crossing from one side of terminal to the other side, will also need to detour to pavement. :pardon:

This will not only be uncomfortable and inconvenient but provide idea environment for pick pockets to operate. It is a matter of time, crime rate at KUL will shoot up. :angry:

The MTB is only handling about 17m ppa at the moment, can’t imagine how chaotic when it is operating near its design limit of 40m ppa :sorry:

:drinks:

Noticed that last Thursday; I thought it was only a temporary measure for some event or VIP arrival :( So looks like it is still there.

Seriously I don't see any advantage of that action as it directs everybody outside. What for? I've seen this STUPID traffic flow control being used by the traffic police as well, it just moved the congestion to another place without really solving the problem. It makes people go to places where they don't want to go and have to travel back to where they originally intend to go, normally just adding to the congestion.

It's totally stupid. I was waiting for a relative and we had to exit and re-enter to go to the carpark. They even disabled the flight information display that was located in front of the arrival area. So if you need to refer to one, you would have to go near the lifts in front of the MAS office.

If you wanted to go to Burger King to had go out and re enter again!

Stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed. Experienced the weird arrangement a few weeks ago. Quite odd.

And if you have to take the budget taxi, the queue is strangely inside the building. Ditto if you want to go to other outlets in the arrival hall.

Looks like it is MAHB management's turn to have a blonde moment now.

It also affects all MH's crew returning from duty and going towards their transport waiting area. From the relative comfort of the terminal now they have to endure the noise and smoke pollution of the outside area while tugging their bags and possibly fatigue from their long duty. Truly one of the stupidest action by MAHB ever.

Sign in to follow this