MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Waiping

3K to fly BKI - PER?

Hi guys,

I was checking out 3K's schedule when I came across this "new" route. :yahoo:

kk-perth.jpg

Edited by waiping

Wow,that is absolutely good news for BKI's residents who would like to visit Golden Beach. Noticed something, JetStar on time performance is 95% while AK is just 81%.. :)

This should be good news to students looking forward to an Australian degree in Western Australia.

I think it will be operated by JQ :yahoo:

Hope it's not a website glitch

I did some dummy bookings, but all shown was flights with transit in SIN. BKI-SIN-PER with 3K and JQ. Not direct non stop flights BKI-PER. Anyone with a different result? Plus, I don't think 3K is given a 5th freedom right to operate in BKI. The ASEAN open sky policy is only applicable to capital cities of ASEAN, where Kota Kinabalu is not. Should BKI-PER flights materialised, it should be operated by JQ, with the flights originating from PER and not 3K.

Apparently, all Jetstar's Malaysian destinations (except KCH) are paired with PER in the booking drop down menu (KUL, BKI and PEN to both PER and SIN, while only SIN for KCH).

Edited by Mohd Azizul Ramli

As always, devil's in the details.

Tiger is just offering a one ticket service. You still have to stop in SIN and change planes. Even SGN, for e.g. is offered to KUL.

KCH is not pair with PER because SIN-PER departs at 1745 and KCH-SIN 1715...have to make a next day connection...haiz....lucky for those in BKI. Total return is RM653.51...damn cheap....

KCH is not pair with PER because SIN-PER departs at 1745 and KCH-SIN 1715...have to make a next day connection...haiz....lucky for those in BKI. Total return is RM653.51...damn cheap....

But fear not fellow Kuchingnites...i got this trick up my sleeves...

Picture1.jpg

Muahahahaha...not cheap though....

Not to worry... Jetstar (JQ) has agreed with the NT government to base more aircraft there as part of a deal to expand Darwin's airport (IIRC, one more bird by Q4 2009 and a 3 or 5 more in 2011). This means that Jetstar will add more SEA destinations from Darwin... and there were discussions a while back, KUL is unlikely with D7's widebody non-stop flights killing the competition, so there was talk about Manila, Cebu, BKI & KCH being possibilities... But again, these are purely rumors (the destinations are rumors, but the 'more aircraft being based there for Asian ops' part was official), and the deal to expand Darwin were signed before the economy crisis, so we can't be sure if the expansion deal is still on.

On the up side, JQ is supporting the expansion of 3K by seeding a new A320 to it on 1st Oct! The new plane will operate a 3rd daily flight to BKK and a 2nd daily flight to PEN. And there are still slots on this new plane to operate to some yet unannounced destinations or increase frequencies on existing routes :)

Sign in to follow this