MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mushrif A

MH offering "Economy+" ?

BREAKING NEWS!

I just received a text message from a MH informer, which says...

MH will introduce 'super economy' on 738 wef 1st Sept. The awful J seat will be reconfigured & seat pitch for 'super economy' is 42'.

Say what you like, but this Economy+ thing is a brilliant masterstroke from MH.

It books into booking code E, which does not correspond to the traditional C,D,J,Z or I coding system for business for most airlines.

As such, on an itinerary printout it shows economy, but yet you end up sitting in a J seat, and can request one as such.

For company travel, it's a godsend, since I then don't have to get approvals to travel J domestically

(note: it's far less hassle in my company to travel full fare Y at a given price, than it is to travel in J on the same route even if it was less - the trick is all in the naming convention)

MH will introduce 'super economy' on 738 wef 1st Sept. The awful J seat will be reconfigured & seat pitch for 'super economy' is 42'.

Does that mean MH won't get new J seats J for 738 in 2x2 after all, just spacing out the existing 3x3 "J" seats and call it "super economy"?

The increased pitch is good. But why call it "Super Economy" ?

Does that mean MH won't get new J seats J for 738 in 2x2 after all, just spacing out the existing 3x3 "J" seats and call it "super economy"?

I believe it applies only to the leased 738.

BREAKING NEWS!

I just received a text message from a MH informer, which says...

Just another confirmation of a rumour by MH Rumour Department, quoted from Paparadzi's company email from the parasite subforum.

Retrofitting the leased B737-800 aircraft

The Super Economy Class Fare will only be available for a short term measure while we undertake the retrofitting exercise for the three leased B737-800 aircraft. Retrofitting the aircraft will ensure that our Business Class seats on this aircraft will be on par with those on other aircraft types in our fleet. Once retrofitted, the Business Class seat will have 42 inches seat pitch and better recline compared to the current 29 inches.

We will take delivery of the first three brand new B737-800s from July next year. Retrofitting the leased aircraft now will ensure that the B737-800 product is consistent throughout this fleet type.