MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Victor Ralk

TR's first A319

Guest redharahmad
Hope to see it do SIN-KCH vv in the future...

If I recall correctly, the A319 is meant for Tiger Airways Australia... Its for the 'thinner' routes from their second Aussie Base (Adelaide).

If I recall correctly, the A319 is meant for Tiger Airways Australia... Its for the 'thinner' routes from their second Aussie Base (Adelaide).

No. Things have since changed.

Guest redharahmad
No. Things have since changed.

icic...no chance for me to catch it in ADL then... slightly OT but since Incheon Tiger Airways is now scrapped, will the planes originally meant for them be redeployed to TR or TT or even cancelled altogether?

They are to be delivered to both TT and TR, not cancelled. I cant see Singapore benefiting more from A319 than Adelaide. Used on the SIN-KUL perhaps?

Does anyone have a list of when there deliveries are due for the Tiger Group, or if at least known, for the next 6-12 months. They have like 60 more to come.

What Sinagpore routes are they going on?

(Singapore, January 19, 2009) -- Tiger Airways' first A 319 aircraft has arrived at its Singapore base last night straight from the Hamburg factory.

Rosalynn Tay, managing director of Tiger Airways Singapore said "I am so excited about growing our fleet. With more planes we are able to have even more low low fares for travellers. The best thing about this plane is that it is 98% the same as our A320s but with less seats and a lower operating cost. This is the perfect aircraft for route development and ensures that the airline is in the right position to exploit new opportunities as they are presented."

The A319 has been successfully operated with low fare airlines across the world with significant fleets in service with airlines such as Easyjet and Spirit in the US.

Rosalynn Tay said "the A319 is a proven low fare aircraft type. With these additional aircraft we have the opportunity to aggressively expand our paw print to more destinations with our famous low low fares."

Source : Tiger Airways

Sign in to follow this