MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
tafe isa

Pitty Kuantan Airport

Hi guys...

I make such assumption based on:

1) by referring to the current AK promotions (Year End Treats), KUA is out of the list

2) the previous AK promotions, KUA is offered at RM27 one-way instead of the cheapest which RM7 one-way. This indicate AK needs to cover the losses since the airline fly to KUA.

3) thirdly, i try to book KUA for flights February onwards, but the result was negative

Now, we just wait for an official announcement from AK. What can i say, its another blow-up for KUA after FY terminated the airport out of TGG. And we know that AK will not compromise with any low load and unprofitable sectors. Keep up gud joob AK!

Hi guys...

I make such assumption based on:

1) by referring to the current AK promotions (Year End Treats), KUA is out of the list

2) the previous AK promotions, KUA is offered at RM27 one-way instead of the cheapest which RM7 one-way. This indicate AK needs to cover the losses since the airline fly to KUA.

3) thirdly, i try to book KUA for flights February onwards, but the result was negative

Now, we just wait for an official announcement from AK. What can i say, its another blow-up for KUA after FY terminated the airport out of TGG. And we know that AK will not compromise with any low load and unprofitable sectors. Keep up gud joob AK!

By pulling out of KUA, TF is just keeping his word he once uttered vehemently (shhh after taking the incentives).

how abt BKI - LBU / LBU - BKI???

I can't book the flight start from 12 Jan 2009, don't know why.

It must be full on that particular day. I flown AK on BKI-LBU route before.

And the load is above the par. Perhaps i tried on April, it is available at RM29 one-way.

I hope AK will consider starting up Ipoh. The city have almost (or more) 1 million population and 70% are Chinease.

A powerful marketing strategy to any China routes will attract them.

And this might not happen in KUA.

Wutever it is, IPH must be extend or new aiport must be build.

Assumptions...but could be true...

AK started off with daily flights to KUA initially, I believe and now have brought it down to 4x weekly. It is impossible how

they cannot attract tourist to KUA. Perhaps for the leisure market, KUA is not an ideal place to be in the months of Nov through February due to the monsoon season and lots of rain and dangerous seas. KUA has been offered as a beach bumming destination for those beach lovers so I believe they can sustain KUA for the leisure market. FY is to start SZB-KUA soon, perhaps middle of next year according to the cabin crews on FY. Also, the CEO of FY stated KUA would be starting sometime in 2009. So not to worry. If AK pulls out, its their loss and their lack of marketing a gorgeous place such as that.

TF even stated that KUA may be the AK hub for the east coast of the Malaysian Peninsular at the inaugral flight to KUA. Although that may seem impossible, I am sure KUA will do well for any airline seeing the influx of tourist to the city with great food, clean air and beautiful beaches. Langkawi is far becoming overhyped and tourists are now flocking the untapped east coast market instead.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Sign in to follow this