MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Karlm

Question about 9M-MHK 747-300

Does any know if MAS sole 747-300 9M-MHK had PTV's installed?

I am trying to find out what aircraft I flew from MEL-SZB in 1998.

I remember the aircraft I flew had PTV's, but I was pretty sure it was one of the classics.

I belive the -200's were converted to freighters in 1995, so it rules them 2 out.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am pretty sure KLIA started ops in 1998, a few weeks before the Commonwealth games.

Did you realise that the sole 747-3H6 was a Combi version?

Yes I realise that is was a combi, as I flew back on it from SZB-SYD-MEL. Was in the last row, and had Horses on board the SYD-MEL sector.

But cant clearly remember the PTV's on that flight. But I clearly remember PTV's on the MEL-SZB flight, because I was up all flight playing games. :rolleyes:

I am pretty sure KLIA started ops in 1998, a few weeks before the Commonwealth games.

Yep according to Wikipedia, KLIA opened June 30 in time for the 1998 Commonwealth Games.

I flew to Malaysia on 15 April 1998. Hence why I flew into SZB.

Yes I realise that is was a combi, as I flew back on it from SZB-SYD-MEL. Was in the last row, and had Horses on board the SYD-MEL sector.

But cant clearly remember the PTV's on that flight. But I clearly remember PTV's on the MEL-SZB flight, because I was up all flight playing games. :rolleyes:

It is possible that you might have been on one of the two Combis of MAS 747-400s, which have been converted into full freighters serving Air Kalitta now.

Edited by S V Choong

IIRC only PW-powered 744s were upgraded with PTVs in Economy Class.

74Ds and two 744s with GE engines AFAIK didn't have PTVs in Economy Class, though they did have them for First and GCC pax.

I don't think they ever upgraded 74Ds with PTVs in Economy Class since they would be out of MH service by 2001.

It is possible that you might have been on one of the two Combis of MAS 747-400s, which have been converted into full freighters serving Air Kalitta now.

Nah dont remeber the MEL-SZB being a combi. It was only the return flight that I flew on 9M-MHK.

As above from what I can remeber of the MEL-SZB, was that the aircraft had PTV's, and from what I recall it was a 747-classic.

It may have well been on MHK too? but did MHK have PTV's?

It may have well been on MHK too? but did MHK have PTV's?

I doubt it. If the GE powered 744 did not have PTVs with them, I don't think the 743 had them.

IIRC only PW-powered 744s were upgraded with PTVs in Economy Class.

74Ds and two 744s with GE engines AFAIK didn't have PTVs in Economy Class, though they did have them for First and GCC pax.

I don't think they ever upgraded 74Ds with PTVs in Economy Class since they would be out of MH service by 2001.

I doubt it. If the GE powered 744 did not have PTVs with them, I don't think the 743 had them.

So it looks as though it was a 747-400 that I flew from MEL-SZB.

Thanks for all your help guys. :clapping:

Now I just need to find out the rego. But I dont think I will ever know...... :sorry:

Sign in to follow this