MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Cornelis Boersma

Helsinki Vantaa Airport

Hehe, BTH left without me this morning :yahoo:

I stay in rainy HEL for another day and night according to schedule :)

Going to get myself rained wet this afternoon for another A340 takeoff from that spot I guess ;)

A few more from Helsinki from 2 weeks ago ;)

I guess this one was the most special catch of the weekend! Dutch lady operating an Air Baltic flight from Riga

HEL1-4.jpg

Here to continue where I left off after the A340 takeoff (see post above)

HEL3-3.jpg

Later on I took my bicycle to the begin of the runway to get line-ups and some landing traffic in final approach

HEL4-3.jpg

Here you see a A330 taxiing to 22R for takeoff to Nagoya. Behind it you can see the newest part of the terminal!

HEL5-3.jpg

A340 taking off to I believe PVG or NRT, using full runway!!

HEL6-3.jpg

KLM send 737-700 instead of the regular -300, nice! In winterschedule KLM is going to fly Embraer 190 to HEL! :o You see MD11 behind? :pardon:

HEL8-2.jpg

Helsinki Malmi Airport had the airshow at same time as I was spotting at Helsinki Vantaa Airport. RedBull DC6 doing fly-by on RWY22L.

HEL9-2.jpg

Nose to nose, Boeing 757 vs A330. Who was the nose-guy again? Was it Chaity or was it Azahan? Cheers to you!

HEL9B.jpg

At the end of the day back in hotel at the airport with runway view :yahoo: Sunset!

HEL9C.jpg

A few hours Later MD (OHLGF) to BKK taxiing out, moving to fast for a good picture :( but you can clearly see the shapes of MD11

HEL9D.jpg

At day 2 I had OH-LQA come in, and I noted Finnair has started repainting winglets on A340s now as well :D

Maybe we still get an MD11 with painted winglets b4 they are gone? Hopefully we do, but probably not.

HEL9F.jpg

HEL9G.jpg

After those I left for Helsinki City.. Later that night around 11.45 PM I was at "OH" again same place as A340 takeoff see post above, here MD11 was getting airborne for BKK (OHLGG)! Not totally happy with result but it was just for fun.

M11NTO.jpg

M11NTO2.jpg

And then camera in hand and moving way to much you get this result, more looking like KLM then Finnair MD11

M11NTO3.jpg

Then just prior to my departure back to AMS, OHLGF came back from BKK (seen from hotel)

HEL9H.jpg

HEL9I.jpg

Edited by Cornelis Boersma

Wow..RedBull DC6 still goin on strong, flew all the way from Salzburg :blink:

Beautiful shots, Cornelis :clapping: Love the wingleted 757...sexy and elegant :good:

Kiitos Cornelissa !!! :pardon:

First time I see the OneWorld Terminal @ HEL: it looks quite futuristic...

Spectacular 340 take-off shot again :good:

Luckily you witnessed the 73G of KLM; rumours are all KLM flights to/from HEL will be operated by KLC as of Winterschedule 2009... :yahoo:

IMHO, Dutch lady from Iceland, indeed, the highlight...

I couldnt find the Oneworld News page anymore in General Aviation (same for Skyteam only see Star Alliance ..?) So decided to post here

HELSINKI, June 10 (Reuters) -Finnish airline Finnair said on Thursday it will order five new A321ER aircraft from Airbus for European traffic.

Finnair said the order would be worth more than 400 million euros ($481.5 million), with the first delivery expected to take place in 2013. It will replace an earlier order for two A330 aircraft planned for 2012-2013.

"We have not changed our strategy at all. We still have a focus on Asian and European traffic and will still add capacity in these areas," Finnair's spokesman Christer Haglund told a news conference at Berlin Air Show.

Finnair Chief Executive Mika Vehvilainen told Reuters in late May the firm was looking to Airbus to replace four Boeing 757 aircraft used on leisure flights.

Source Reuters

Finnair operated 7 B752s, 2 are stored at the moment (OHLBU/LBT) and one has been sold to Nordwind (OHLBV), 4 still active.

They still operate MD11, OH-LGC as full cargo aircraft, and now it seems OH-LGD will remain in the fleet for passenger (mainly leisure) flights.

Rumours go that Air Baltic is interested in some more (perhaps ex FINNAIR) 757s (only thing BTI operates RR powered 752s, FIN PW powered 752s)

Edited by Cornelis Boersma

It's still there, Cornelis, but since it's PINNED, you'll find it right at the top of General Aviation... :pardon:

Should work now, otherwise, let me know, Cornelis...