MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

Firefly Introduces All-in-Pricing

October 24, 2008 17:31 PM

Firefly Introduces All-in-Pricing

KUALA LUMPUR, Oct 24 (Bernama) -- Firefly, the community airline, now offers all-in-pricing, inclusive of taxes, surcharges and complimentary refreshments on board, on-time departures, 20-kilogram baggage allowance with allocated seating at low fares.

Customers will see a breakdown of what they pay when they book online, the airline said in a statement today.

The separation of fare, taxes and surcharges will be maintained as part of the booking process, it added.

"This bold step in moving towards transparency is to offer customers the full breakdown of charges in order for them to plan and budget accordingly," Firefly said.

"In conjunction with the launch of our inaugural flights to Sumatra and new routes from Subang to Koh Samui and Johor Baharu, we now offer to all our customers in Malaysia, Sumatra and Thailand Fireflys all-in-pricing," said managing director Eddy Leong.

-- BERNAMA

http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v3/news_lite.php?id=367039

I just checked the website, it still looks the same to me.

First I select

78691257wj1.jpg

The surcharge is still there at the second page

74727854gv3.jpg

?????????

Emm good for FY to follow parent company step..But I not really happy to see that much of fuel surcharge as today global oil price market..

Saw the ads on Yahoo! that MH is also offering the same thing now.

Unfortunately though the database doesn't seem to be updated yet - here's what I found:

fychargesdf6.jpg

w215.png

Edited by Y. J. Foo

from Dec 08, all flight fares advertisements in the local s'pore media must be all inclusive ie with surcharges, admin fees etc - and all travel agents should abide by it too.

If only the malaysia govt does the same and esp air asia to show all its inclusive fares instead of still beinga llowed to advertise as RM1 or RM 0 fares!

Yesterday, Vernon and I renewed an aviation experience we had years ago when we impulsively booked ourselves on a Jatayu Airlines B727 flight from Singapore to Medan and back. This time round, our target was Firefly on their ATR72-500 Johor Bahru - Subang - Johor Bahru flight.

The drive from Singapore to Senai Airport wasn't the easiest thing to do as road signs pointing to Senai were lost soon after the first sighting and one is often left wondering if he is still on the right path. The pouring rain in the early morning did not help but we got to Senai Airport at 0720hrs for our flight departing at 0815hrs. Airside, we had a view of the ramp and the only two planes there were both A320s from AirAsia. The inbound Firefly flight was late and deplaning was slow and dictated by the number of umbrellas (borrowed from MAS). Our flight took off with a load of 12 paxs - two more than the inbound flight.

Here's our view of the ATR72-500 9M-FYD from the gate at Johor Bahru Airport.

mw-9M-FYD-2008-11-09-02Cr-RMP.jpg

The cabin smelt really new - and the very friendly flight attendant (Samita) told us with obvious pride that "this is our newest aircraft in the fleet". Grey leather upholstery gave the seat a very plush feel and I particularly liked the fact that the seat buckles have the Firefly logo and name. Lovely touch. A cupcake (or muffin) was served along with a generous plastic cup of orange juice. This I thought was already better than the Singapore-Kuala Lumpur shuttle services by SIA and MAS. A round of coffee came as a surprise but as I was busy photographing around the cabin, I declined the latest offer - but intended to take it up on the return flight this evening.

Sales of Firefly merchandise was conducted by Samita and the caps (in brilliant orange) were most popular. Samita was so pleasant that by the end of the run, most of her offers were snapped up. She also obliged when asked to be photographed.

On arrival, we snaked through the terminal building which was undergoing massive renovation works and were greeted by Jonathan. What a great way to begin our day in Kuala Lumpur. We went to a spot near the end of the runway hoping to get a fair bit of action shots but these were very few and very far between. 9M-FYD which arrived at 0929hrs remained on the ground when we left for lunch around 1130hrs and 9M-FYC which departed at around 0932hrs returned at 1130hrs - this was the only Firefly plane we got to photograph landing on this trip.

mw-9M-FYC-2008-11-09-03Cr-LDP.jpg

A nasi-lemak lunch washed down by a dinosaur drink (laden with a huge topping of Milo) . . . followed by a shopping tour to escape the rain which came in buckets. A green apple drink accompanied by the worst service attitude at Secret Recipes ended the day for us . . . the drink (unlike the service) was good.

But the best was the company we had - Jonathan, Yong and Kelvin Teh - and we really had fun.

Returning to Subang, our check-in was very pleasantly accomplished. At both JHB and SZB, Firefly check-in staff members were very very good! Once airside, the camera came out and as expected, the only subject other than Firefly's planes was the plain Jane Dash 7 of Berjaya Air. Firefly's 9M-FYA was on the ground and it left with a near full-load to Penang.

mw-9M-FYA-2008-11-09-06Cr-TXP.jpg

Disappointingly, our flight to JHB was operated by 9M-FYD . . . blame it on Vernon who tend to have such experiences (on previous flights of a similar nature, he has had the same plane both ways!). The load this sector surpassed the 40-mark, not too bad after all. Service was again good . . . muffin (cupcake), orange juice and . . . . and . . . . no coffee!!! And no merchandise sale too. On arrival, we walked back to the terminal and ascended the stairs of Gate 1 . . . and our parting glimpse of 9M-FYD was not too different from our first sighting of her.

mw-9M-FYD-2008-11-09-09Cr-RMP.jpg

The drive back to Singapore was less difficult and it was a great day . . . the Firefly ticket totalled 173 ringgits. Thanks Jonathan, Yong and Kelvin for a wonderful day . . . Thanks Samita, thanks Firefly and thanks Firefly staff on both flights and at the check-in counters at JHB and SZB!! Long, successful and safe may Firefly fly!

KC Sim

Until today it still looked the same to me even though Fireflyz advertising on their website about the so called "All in Fare"

Of course, web booking process remains the same, no change. Just that ads will quote full prices.

The drive from Singapore to Senai Airport wasn't the easiest thing to do as road signs pointing to Senai were lost soon after the first sighting and one is often left wondering if he is still on the right path.

Road signs in Malaysia is mean for people who know the road.

:drinks:

Sign in to follow this