MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Juanda I.

MASWings advertise for F50 & DHC6 pilots in Australia

I was astonished when I saw this advertisement in one of our local papers in Australia. MASWings advertising for pilots in Australia on expat terms? :huh: So does anyone have the gosp? Is it because local cadet pilots are being destined for the jets, thus leaving the turbo prop positions vacant? Or I'm guessing, perhaps this is an interim measure to destine local turbo prop crews on new equipment (just a guess .. perhaps for the ATR72-500) whilst phasing out the old? (again, just a guess).

Thoughts anyone?

*side note .. would love to fly the DHC6, myself .. looks like a good operation for serious stick and rudder flying :drinks: *

A career with MASWings - operating turbo prop services in East Malaysia

* MASWings Sdn. Bhd (773841-A)

* CAPTAIN F50

* CAPTAIN DHC6

* FIRST OFFICER ( F50 & DHC6 )

MASWings Sdn Bhd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Malaysia Airlines, is looking for the right candidates on expatriate terms to embark on an exciting, challenging and rewarding career with the Airline.

CAPTAIN F50

Requirements:

- Possess valid ATPL.

- Have a minimum grand total of 4000 recognised fl ying hours

- Have a minimum of 1000 recognised command hours on an equivalent type or higher type.

- Preferably with a minimum of 500 command hours on the F50 type

CAPTAIN DHC6

Requirements:

- Possess valid ATPL.

- Have a minimum grand total of 2500 recognised fl ying hours

- Have a minimum of 800 recognised command hours on an equivalent type or higher type.

FIRST OFFICER ( F50 & DHC6 )

Requirements:

- Possess valid ATPL or Frozen ATPL.

- Have a minimum grand total of 500 recognised hours on an equivalent or higher type.

Interested?

Please submit your comprehensive resume together with the copy of the following documents :

- Updated CV including copy of Aviation related course certifi cate(s), if any

- Copy of International Passport

- Copy of Flying Licence(s)

- Copy of Flying Log Book -last 5 pages ( showing entries )

- Copy of Medical Certifi cate

- Copy of last profi ciency / competency check on aircraft type

- Copy of Instrument Rating

- Any other relevant documents.

And send it to $$HRR@mas.com.my

Not later by 30th June 2007.

Please quote this reference number in your application: POSITIONS AVAILABLE

Applications Close: 30 Jun 2007

Published: 22 Jun 2007

Edited by mingalababya

they want it fast. i think the reason being they advertise it in Aus is that there is more rural air operator, thus easier to get qualified pilot to fly the props... just my will guess thou :)

1. They have many pilots in Australia willing to fly small aircraft just to build up the hours.

2. There are not too many pilots in Malaysia who prefer to fly the turboprops rather than the jets. And nowadays if you have the requirement then a right hand seat job on the B737 or A320 is relatively easy to come by.

Previously GA people join the DHC flet to upgrade to F50, then to the B737 and finally WB. No such things with Firefly or MasWings as they are on their own. The Firefly pilots sre actually MAS pilots seconded to Firefly, but they can't keep this arrangement forever. As for the DHC6 pilots, I think the current group will still fly unless they opt to join AK or AKX.

Sign in to follow this