MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Denny Yen

Neverending problems at MAS

from a passenger/customer point of view id say-->

1) make the transport from KL-KLIA cheaper...the ERL cost are ridicilous  blink.gif  dry.gif  (i dont care wheather its mas responsible or not as long as i know mas i govermant property, so do something to help something else, do i make a point here?)

YTL operate mahhh... u never hear the acronym ah?

ERL by YTL ("Expensive Railway Line" by "Yuppie Trains Lah")

About this ERL thing. There is a sign, and occasionally announcements are made to 'remind' passengers to buy ERL / KLIA Express train tickets before using the check-in facilities at KL Sentral.

What legal right do they have to compel or force people to travel on the ERL if passengers just want to check-in at KL Sentral and travel to the airport via other means? Passengers' contract for air travel is between them and the respective airlines, in this case either MAS, Cathay Pacific or Royal Brunei Airlines, which are the only airlines offering city check-in facilities at KL Sentral. ERL has no business in forcing people to use their services.

If they can't attract other airlines to use KL Sentral check-in facilities, thereby attracting more people to use the ERL, then that is their problem to sort out. Not by means of forcing people. And by the way, I think ERL is cost-effective only for the single traveller. For two persons, it cost less to the airport via a taxi than taking the ERL. I'd rather take the taxi for door to KUL service when travelling in twos. Just RM 65 from KL, as opposed to RM 10 from house to KL Sentral, and another RM 70 for the train ride for 2, which totals RM 80.

Edited by Rozhan

Sign in to follow this