MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
M. Sofian H.

World's Best Airport 2008

I think, you should just do a daytrip to SIN to check out the airport coz it is a destination in itself. For me, it's a tourist attractions just like Sentosa or Jurong bird park :p. Singaporeans go to Changi like they go to their local shopping malls, the shops are very attractive and there are a lot of food choices and restaurants.

Anyway, at least the airports in the list deserve the awards. They are simply excellent.

Couldn't agree w u more ivan, in fact changi was the main reason i went down to s'pore recently..did spend a day there n was truly amazed.. :D

Well... Changi is indeed a rather nice looking airport. Of course we cannot please everyone and there would be nay-sayers no matter what. It is a cozy airport wil nice and lush greenery generously thrown about and with just the correct colour tones, relaxes the weary traveller so.

A foodie like me also frequent the various restaurants at the airport. Somehow, arranging a meeting there with friends is an enjoyable outing since we drive. For those who don't, hey - there is the MRT!

Until recently, Changi Airport was the only location you could find Popeye's Fried Chicken and Mary Brown (sudah tutup).

Did I mention that the parking at the airport is super cheap too? It is charged per minute up till a maximum of SGD17.00 per 24h block. Which is why if I am on a business trip (normally up till 2 days), I leave my car at the airport rather than take the cab. My company has since been very happy with my cost savings measure - much to the chagrin of my other colleagues, of course!

Oh ya... that being said...

I was a very frequent user of KLIA back in the early 2000s, the most was 17 times in a year! A white elephant no doubt, but it is a damn nice looking white elephant. As a frequent flyer of MAS, I was also privi to the usage of the wonderful Golden Lounge which is / was one of the largest lounges in the world.

Aesthetically, it is one fine looking piece of architectural marvel. And the unique announcement chime just gives the whole airport its own character.

Now if only the gates weren't so empty!

Just to share with you some concerns on the so called World's Best Airport (4th place)......

http://www.redorbit.com/news/business/1490...help_to_anyone/

I agree with the writer on the state of the website and how it is so outdated and crappy.

If you compare the likes of SIN, HKG and even PER airport websites, KUL website is simply

rubbish, if only the MAB officials can take the lead and do something about it.

:angry: