MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

AK to fly daily To KBV, PLM & BTJ, from Tuesday

Not suprising. Flew to BTJ in Jam and KBV last month, and on all sectors, the planes were virtually full. AK is good at developing new routes.

July 07, 2008 22:20 PM

AirAsia To Fly Daily To Krabi, Palembang, And Banda Aceh From Tuesday

KUALA LUMPUR, July 7 (Bernama) -- Low-cost airline, AirAsia Bhd, will commence daily flights from Kuala Lumpur to Krabi in Thailand and to the Indonesian cities of Palembang and Banda Aceh, from Tuesday.

Tickets are from as low as RM3.

AirAsia previously offered only four weekly flights to Krabi and Palembang and thrice to Banda Aceh.

"Due to strong demand, we are now offering daily flights to the three destinations starting tomorrow," AirAsia said in a statement here.

AirAsia's regional head of commercial, Kathleen Tan, said the carrier was currently the only one offering direct flights to the three destinations.

"Travellers flying from these destinations can also use Kuala Lumpur as the gateway to South-East Asia and fly to over 102 routes serviced by AirAsia," she said.

The booking period for this special promotion begins tomorrow to July 13 and for the travel period between Aug 7, 2008 and Apr 30, 2009.

-- BERNAMA

http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v3/news_lite.php?id=344611

Good for AirAsia to keep expand route while others major airlines keep reducing their frequency and cease certain destination, even AirAsia sister company (Thai AirAsia) did some thing,mean reduce operation cost due lack passenger demand.. Hope Dato' TF can share some secret recipe.. hehehe

I can already imagine the good Dr Naim rubbing his hands in glee !

So many destinations, only 365 days in a year :p

So many destinations, only 365 days in a year :p

Hehehe ... I've done BTJ and KBV, no plan to do PLM yet. Maybe return to KBV before year end. But tomorrow off to BKI till the weekend. 2 of my kids leave for MYY/MZV on Sunday. Before month-end I may have to do KCH, MYY and BKI again. Then OOL early Aug. Early Sept we do UPG. :)

CAUTION: OFF TOPIC

Palembang.....

I think tortoises are extinct in Palembang; they've been all exported to China for soup in the mid 90's. Planeloads of tortoises were carried aboard MH's B733F to SZB, and from there to China. The callsign were, however, Pelangi.

Memories, memories.

Sign in to follow this