MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Pieter C.

London Gatwick EGKK 2008 pictures

Guys,

Was able to visit LGW just for the day, aircraft spotting and photography last 08th of May 2008 :yahoo:

Weather was just excellent with blue skies and temperatures of 22-24 degrees with light Easterly winds.

These wind-conditions made it difficult, though, to do the proper photography, as landings and take-offs were from 08L :angry:

First, I walked to the Southern Perimeter Road, where I was chased-away after 1.5 hours, being on 'private ground' :blink: (since I was not on airport grounds, I wonder what was private or public grounds :huh: )

Anyhow, what the Kuching guys can do (bottom-up photography :lol: ), I can do too, I guess...

So, sit back and relax and enjoy the aircraft and don't mind the dust spots (hope to have this properly cleaned in Malaysia :pardon: ) !!!

First new airline for me to see was this Swedish registered Mad-Dog:

LGW08may2008002.jpg

My apologies for the weird angle, but had to wait till the aircraft had 'left' the barbed-wired fence: Virgin Nigeria 767-300 with Latvian registration and smokey PW engines:

LGW08may2008017.jpg

As reported before by Keith T, EasyJet took-over from British Airways, the GB-operation and aircraft; they operate now in all kinds of hybrid colours, like all-white, all-white with EZY-tail and BA-colours with EZY-tail as seen below:

LGW08may2008088.jpg

LGW08may2008071.jpg

LGW08may2008055.jpg

LGW08may2008023.jpg

Pulkovo merged with Rossiya, and as no TU154's allowed anymore in the EU, Rossiya now operates Airbuses from/to St.Peterburg:

LGW08may2008024.jpg

ClickAir (IB subsidiary) operate to LGW together with other Spanish airlines AirPlus and Vueling; personally, I really like these colours:

LGW08may2008026.jpg

Aurigny operates to/from Guernsey with these ATR's; isn't this Dr. Naim's favorite bird showing on the tail ? :huh: :

LGW08may2008033.jpg

Afriqiyah is the other Libyan airline operating to London (see Libyan CR900 in the LHR-topic), showing her colours after take-off here:

LGW08may2008039.jpg

Southwest is operating Dash8-100's from Newquay to LGW; note the 'steam' coming from the exhaust pipes:

LGW08may2008059.jpg

Saw two Emirates 777's that day, so figure the number of seats offered daily from both LON airports :blink: :

Red-belly dedicated to Imran:

LGW08may2008091.jpg

Great pix bro!

Surprised to hear you were chased away! Mustve brought back memories of "that incident we should not talk about but both know too well :P".

Thanks for the EK dedications :D

but soon...you might have to start dedicating EY shots to me :pardon:

but soon...you might have to start dedicating EY shots to me :pardon:

What ? :blink: :huh:

PM me, if you don't mind: will visit LHR this monday, and will see what I can do :pardon:

Wow.. lovely Uncle Pieter, that chased away territory owner must not have realise they've got the spot for spotting.., Virgin Nigeria.. I didnt know those existed hehe

Sign in to follow this