MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Bennedic

Connection at MYY

I'll be connecting in MYY in July and i only have 1 Hr25 Min between my 2 flights.

My flight from KUL will get in at 0940 (AK5254) and I leave for KCH at 1105 (AK5933). I will be checking in bags. I suppose I have to clear CIQ since i'm entering Sarawak. My question is whether there is enough time to make it in time for check in for my flight to KCH.

Since my KUL-MYY flight is the first one out I suppose there should not be any delays leaving KUL.

Thanks

Well, you should've not problem based on your timing. Since you have more than 1 hour after you arrive in MYY.

But from my observation, the belt loaders in MYY are slow, very slow, but I think it should have no problem considering you can burn off your 25mins just to waste time on their Immigration (normally the immigration can be fast, not so friendly though) and bag waiting.

Good luck!

Try to sit infront of the plane, when you arrive, run!...never gone to MYY on AK, not sure where they park and the flow of arriving passengers. If on MH, teruk la, have to walk the whole lenght of the terminal then into Immigration hal, then down to Baggage Claim. AK baggage comes out at Claim A. MH, Claim B and MASwings Fokker flight from Claim C. Twin Otter claim from trolley!hehehehe!FYI lar...Should be ok. Try working your PR skills and tell AK staff you can't check-in, fear that you have to wait long for luggage and might miss your flight. See what they say??Later share with us.All da best! Im going to MYY next Monday, I'll try to see how long it takes from disembarkation to immigration, to baggage claim to check in again ok?No promise though! But I'll try!

Edited by Kenneth Chong WT

Try to sit infront of the plane, when you arrive, run!...never gone to MYY on AK, not sure where they park and the flow of arriving passengers. If on MH, teruk la, have to walk the whole lenght of the terminal then into Immigration hal, then down to Baggage Claim. AK baggage comes out at Claim A. MH, Claim B and MASwings Fokker flight from Claim C. Twin Otter claim from trolley!hehehehe!FYI lar...Should be ok. Try working your PR skills and tell AK staff you can't check-in, fear that you have to wait long for luggage and might miss your flight. See what they say??Later share with us.All da best! Im going to MYY next Monday, I'll try to see how long it takes from disembarkation to immigration, to baggage claim to check in again ok?No promise though! But I'll try!

The reason why I'm actually connecting was my original MASwings flight frm KCH-MKM-MYY was retimed. MH waived the RM10 refund fee so i'm now booked KCH-MKM-KCH with an overnight in KCH. But since I already had a MYY-KCH booked I thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to fly KCH-KUL-MYY to sleep in the LCCT before flying back to sarawak the next day since the RM11 fares were still avaliable. Haha

I hope it turns out fine. I'm not a big fan of the front cabin on the A320 but I guess I have no choice this time. It's either I make the connection or I get stranded in MYY. I hope my KUL-MYY dosen't get delayed. I was once delayed on the first flight out of KUL due to refueling issues. :(

Just got back from MYY, AK parks at gate3.the walk is shorter.about 15mis to clear CIQ and baggage. And another 2-3 minute dash to AirAsia's check-in counter.Anyway...best of luck and enjoy your trip!

Just got back from MYY, AK parks at gate3.the walk is shorter.about 15mis to clear CIQ and baggage. And another 2-3 minute dash to AirAsia's check-in counter.Anyway...best of luck and enjoy your trip!

To avoid waiting for baggage I might try to avoid checking in bags. There's still quite some time for me to decide I guess.

Just a question regarding CIQ as I've not ventured beyond the peninsula, there will be an entry stamp when I enter sarawak but will I get an exit stamp on departing the peninsula?

Well now you dont need a passport to enter sarawak.Upon your arrival into MYY, you will need to fill a from.Yellow in colour, just go straight to the counter and they will give it to you.Filled it in and hand back to them. You need to fill in your IC No. Date of Arrival,Date of Departure and add when you are in Sarawak.I'm not sure if they do away with it but just in case they still practise it.When you depart from Kuching,they will stamp your boarding pass. In KCH you will depart from Gate B (International Departure).If you arrive in Miri and you filled in the yellow form the you have to Remeber to bring the form with you when you fly out of Kuching.Just in case.If in MYY they accept just your MyKad...then better lar...I also don't understand why the procedure is so troublesome....

Well now you dont need a passport to enter sarawak.Upon your arrival into MYY, you will need to fill a from.Yellow in colour, just go straight to the counter and they will give it to you.Filled it in and hand back to them. You need to fill in your IC No. Date of Arrival,Date of Departure and add when you are in Sarawak.I'm not sure if they do away with it but just in case they still practise it.When you depart from Kuching,they will stamp your boarding pass. In KCH you will depart from Gate B (International Departure).If you arrive in Miri and you filled in the yellow form the you have to Remeber to bring the form with you when you fly out of Kuching.Just in case.If in MYY they accept just your MyKad...then better lar...I also don't understand why the procedure is so troublesome....

Unfortunately for me, I'm a Singapore passport holder. Haha. Does this mean that I get stamped out of KUL and stamped into MYY or just stamped into MYY.

Guest redharahmad
Unfortunately for me, I'm a Singapore passport holder. Haha. Does this mean that I get stamped out of KUL and stamped into MYY or just stamped into MYY.

Nopez...they will just take a look at your passport, key in some stuff into a computer (if i remember correctly) and then off you go. THere wont be any entry or exit stamp on your passport. Neither will you need to fill in any form.

A tiny disclaimer though, I am not very sure if the status quo remains coz the last time i went there was some two years ago, flying JHB-MYY route.

Sign in to follow this