MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Andrew Yong

Melaka International Air Carnival 2007

Melaka Hosts International Air Carnival

August 09, 2007 22:28 PM

MELAKA, Aug 9 (Bernama) -- A total of 23 flying clubs, including four from Singapore and one from Thailand will take part in the Melaka International Air Carnival 2007 which will be held for three days from Aug 17 at the Batu Berendam Airport here.

Pilots in thirty aircrafts of various makes will display their skills to attract visitors in conjunction with the 50th Merdeka celebrations.

Chief Minister Datuk Seri Mohd Ali Rustam said 42 pilots and 21parachute jumpers would also take part in the carnival.

"The carnival, introduced since 1999 is aimed at encouraging youths to involve themselves in aviation activities was also expected to boost the aviation industry," he told reporters at Seri Negeri here today.

He said the aircrafts which would take part in the carnival include the EC 120B helicopter, Cessna C 172N, Piper Warrior II, Eagle 150, Hawk Arrow, Bell 206 Jet Ranger and Bell 206 Long Ranger.

For a fee of RM50 the public could fly around Melaka city in an aircraft for 20 minutes, he said.

-- BERNAMA

Hope all the Mwingers can spend some time to this event!!! Welcome to Melaka !!! Myself cannot runway from this event!!!

Emperor Kong now you have the reason come down to Melaka !! Come here to try our yummy chicken ball lah!!!

Edited by Andrew Yong

i'll be there, hopefully. My apartment is just 5 minutes away.

Wah so near ah!! Hope can meet U soon !!!My house 20 minute away!!! :drinks:

I live at the Ixora Apartment at Bukit Beruang, I can already see Batu Berendam Airstrip at least from the 10th floor.

Azuddin

Azuddin u at MMU?

Yup.

Maybe I invite Tze Shan to come along, he's also at MMU and live nearby.

Azuddin

:yahoo: .....yahoo...hope i tat i can go also...eventhough i got exam...hehhe....guys...u all mmuian ar???me also ler..nice to meet u all... ^_^

I've made my plan

I'm going to the Carnival on Friday and Sunday, I got exam on Saturday. I try to bring along the entire MMU Youth Aviation Crew with me and wear the crew vest. The new crew members sure could learn more about aviation in this carnival. If anyone looking for me during the carnival, my number is in my signature. See you soon.

Azuddin

Is MW going to open any booth at the carnival?

Azuddin

azzudin...if i want to go can i join u all??

sure could, but only at the day mentioned above. The whole team might be going on Friday afternoon. I will be going again in the morning on Sunday.

Azuddin

sure could, but only at the day mentioned above. The whole team might be going on Friday afternoon. I will be going again in the morning on Sunday.

Azuddin

i think sunday would be okay since i got exam on saturday also....

azuddin!! no vest for me?

count me in! i will b going! although sat. got exam =(

You can borrow my Crew vest from last year, since we still working on our new vest for this year.

Azuddin

guys..i went there just now...today nuthin much there...just small amount of aircraft and the most of the event not yet even started...here are some of the picture that i took .......pardon me for the quality since took it with phone camera....

http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image013oj1.jpg

Edited by Louis L.

guys..i went there just now...today nuthin much there...just small amount of aircraft and the most of the event not yet even started and they told me almost all of the event will start tomorrow...here are some of the picture that i took .......pardon me for the quality since took it with phone camera....

image013oj1.jpg

as i was seeing around....saw this malaysian flying academy plane coming from inside the flying club to park i guess for the carnival :pardon:

image015qp8.jpg

image016wc7.jpg

9M-BEA

image017qo3.jpg

more planes

image028gp3.jpg

star of today...9M-BEH...among all the aircraft here..this is the most descent i have seen :pardon: ..

image021vo6.jpg

with leather seating interiror somemore...

image050us6.jpg

then i saw a best friend of mine...hehe...penerbangan sabah 9M-AZK...

image029ib6.jpg

front view(sorry for the reflection)

image032uu7.jpg

:rolleyes: ...have more picture..but no time alrdy...got class now...hehee

Edited by Louis L.

Thanks for the updates Louis... :clapping:

Arrangement of aircraft for static display not much different then the

one I atended in '99 & 2000 (when we setup Flightsim booth...)

louis, i think we went there at the same time, did u c me? im wearing read t-shirt

Wait for me ya, hahaha....
bring your junior together!

I posponed my trip to tomorrow (Sat), since my exam was reschedule to morning. Same goes to most of the crew, even my assistant was busy today.

see you tomorrow.

Azuddin

Sign in to follow this