MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

AK's Performance

Just flew KUL/PEN/KUL on AK. My first flight on their A320. The cabin was clean but still the leg room was horrible. Both flights were on time. Service was nothing to complain or shout about. In fact overall was worth every cent I paid.

Only complaint was the long wait for the bags at the LCCT. 20 minutes before the first bag arrived. The reason is that even though the bags were unloaded and sent to the terminal, the bags were left there until the one and only set of baggage handlers on duty finished unloading the other flight before they would unload ours. It's frustrating to see your bag on the trolley outside but can't get them.

Check-in for both flights took a long time because of the tourist from the middle-east who gave so much trouble to the poor check-in staff by refusing to pay excess baggage. Takes less than 2 minutes to check-in a malaysian but at least 10 minutes to check-in the Arab pax!

My flight was delayed on 26/076/07,it was an MH flight to SIN,on arrival at SIN I had to run to get to the airplane to get on with the connecting flight to AMS and finally to TLS.So MH delays are no less better than AKs,by the way Im an AK pilot,of course theyll be some element of bias here.By the way Im in TLS doing CCQ A320-A330.

If on the same ticket, you are protected for the next flight/sector if the MH flight was very late. Once my MH flight to SIN from KUL was extremely late. Some pax connecting onto Europe from SIN (on various airlines, such as SQ), were put on MH services to AMS, CDG, LHR etc. I asked them to put me on the next SQ service to SIN, which was on time and left just before the delayed MH flight to SIN.

Delays happen to many airlines, whether it's BA, AK, NH or MH, for a myriad of reasons. The key question is will the airline take care of the pax when things go wrong, even if your booking class is one of the lowest in Y.

If this was AK - TF & Co will just say "tough luck. Hope you have travel insurance."

So, "no" - MH delays cannot be equated with AK delays.

All the best with your A330 schooling.

Check-in for both flights took a long time because of the tourist from the middle-east who gave so much trouble to the poor check-in staff by refusing to pay excess baggage. Takes less than 2 minutes to check-in a malaysian but at least 10 minutes to check-in the Arab pax!

You should hear some horror stories of Arab tourists treating local hotel staff. To quote a friend who works in housekeeping at a 5 star hotel in KL, "They treat us like animals"!

Their spending can sometimes be shocking too. Once, a couple wanted to have a view of KL, in style. Not the common ride in a Mercedes, or even a Rolls Royce, but via helicopter. And they got it.

You should hear some horror stories of Arab tourists treating local hotel staff. To quote a friend who works in housekeeping at a 5 star hotel in KL, "They treat us like animals"!

The staff at the hotel I stayed in Penang told me many horror stories including one Arab who cut up the matteress and pillows. I had to hear the Arab in the next room make noise all day and night! I saw an Arab lady give her son a marker pen to draw on the hotel towel and then put her baby wearing pampers into the pool! I promise myself to never travel in the country for a holiday during Arab season ever again.

I really feel sorry for the crew who work in Emirates, Qatar etc. and also the check-in staff.

The staff at the hotel I stayed in Penang told me many horror stories including one Arab who cut up the matteress and pillows. I had to hear the Arab in the next room make noise all day and night! I saw an Arab lady give her son a marker pen to draw on the hotel towel and then put her baby wearing pampers into the pool! I promise myself to never travel in the country for a holiday during Arab season ever again.

I really feel sorry for the crew who work in Emirates, Qatar etc. and also the check-in staff.

LOL no wonder they pay Emirates/Qatar/Etihad cabin crew a fortune :p

Sign in to follow this