MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
kianhong

Reporting from WSSL

Had my first spotting session at Seletar last weekend. Very different traffic from KUL. Consist of mostly single engine from flying clubs, biz jet, and regional jet that come in for maintaince at ST Aero hanger, saw quite a few AK's 737 in the hanger.

For the early part of the morning, only saw these 2 single-engines doing circuit training and touch-n-go. Boring ....

The only plane from Singapore Flying Club - Socata TB-9C Tampica Club.

9V-BOZ_070519_WSSL.jpg

Then, Piper PA-28-161 Warrior from Singapore Youth Flying Club. BOOOOO..... :p

9V-BOO_070519_WSSL.jpg

Then, out of no where came this fast approaching biz jet - Hornbills Skyway's Angkatan Tentera Malaysia. Cessna 750 Citation X - currently the world fastest civilian a/c capable of cruising at Mach 0.92. :shok: Extremely fast for such small a/c.

9M-ATM_070519_WSSL.jpg

9M-ATM_070519_WSSL-2.jpg

9M-ATM_070519_WSSL-3.jpg

9M-ATM_070519_WSSL-4.jpg

4 pax according to ATC, wondering who was onboard and what they were doing in Singapore. Sarawak Chief Minister?? Anyone from KCH can provide any info?

Following Citattion X was this awesome Beech Super King Air B200.

PK-RGI_070519_WSSL.jpg

PK-RGI_070519_WSSL-2.jpg

That's about what Seletar have to offer. I'll try to go again n stay longer ... to catch that Antonov 2 operated by Batam Logistic, airliners n biz jet that come for checks n servicing. I will try to post more pix whenever I can find time.

Any advice from local spotters? Time, location and security wise? I heard that the authorities are pretty paranoid regarding plane spotters. Is it true?

By now, some of u guys must be wondering what am I doing in Seletar. No prize for those who guess it right. :p Yup, I was accepted as cadet pilot with Singapore Airlines going thru my ground school at Seletar. Sorry for keeping things underwrapped for such long time. :( It has been one week after OBS, the pace of ground school starting to pick up speed. I'm sure it will be a tough n busy one. Yeah, I met up with Sandeep too. :mellow:

I wish to thank our boss here - Gavin for such a great site. Naim for introducing me to this awesome site and all the active members especially uncle Pieter, Norman, Capt Radzi, TK, Leech (for ur inspirational entry), JK, Chaity, Yong, Azahan, Kevin, Raymond, the BKI gang etc for all the nice photos, advices, comments, inspirations n friendships.

Thank you!

On 24 April 2007, STAe (Singapore Technologies Aerospace Engineering) officially opened its new hangar 500 . . . and it therefore was an occasion to take some pictures of the birds gathered in front of the hangar for the event. Below are some of the civilian subjects present :

MW-TC-KTC-2007-04-24-01Cr-RMS.jpg

TC-KTC Airbus A321 of Aigle Azur.

MW-N120ED-2007-04-24-01Cr-AirAstana.jpg

N120ED Airbus A321 of Air Astana (looking rather grubby for now).

MW-STAe-Hangar500-2007-04-24-15Cr.jpg

A wide angle view of the ramp in front of hangar 500 showing the trio of A321s (both of the above plus another from Asiana in new colours).

MW-VH-PFS-2007-04-24-01Cr-RMP.jpg

MW-VH-PFS-2007-04-24-08Cr-NoseOn.jpg

Two views of the Learjet belonging to Pacific Flight Services.

MW-9V-RWC-2007-04-22-02Cr-RMS.jpg

9V-RWC Eurocopter EC-120 belonging to STAe and used for charter for a variety of jobs including aerial filming and surveys.

Oppsss... MIA for weeks. :pardon:

KC Sim, very nice photos from ST Aero hangar. :good: Thanks for sharing them here. I reckon that the Asiana A321 is still inside the hangar and saw the Learjet 45 flying in and out of WSSL on a frequent basis.

TK, there are always some test flights going on in Seletar. Just that I couldn't seem to catch them. :pardon:

Here's some more from Seletar.

This Air Bagan Fokker100 was parked outside of Fokker Services Asia's hangar waiting for maintainance check.

XY-AGF_070526_WSSL1.jpg

XY-AGF_070526_WSSL2.jpg

Then, opposite Fokker's hangar is Hawker Pacific hangar with all sort of bizjet n prop.

Royal Thai Army BAE Jetstream 41. Prepared for delivery flight back to Thailand.

41060_070526_WSSL1.jpg

41060_070526_WSSL2.jpg

Parked right across the Jetstream 41 was this US-registered but with a tiny Malaysia flag bizjet. Rego was blocked by engine cowling, but look like N468BF to me. :huh: Anyone have info regarding this a/c? :help:

N488BF_070526_WSSL1.jpg

Regular visitor to Seletar. Air Gloha's An-26

EK-26227_070526_WSSL1.jpg

EK-26227_070526_WSSL2.jpg

And... this one!! Antonov 2 own by Batam Logistic. Cute but very slow climb and cruise. <_>

ER-AJS_070526_WSSL1.jpg

Oh yeah... I know I need a zoom lens fast. :sorry:

Today, 'test flight' of my 30 Delta with new equipment installed. :rolleyes:

First up is the usual suspect, BATman from Singapore Flying Club doing circuit sortie with multiple touch & go.

9V-BAT_WSSL_070826.jpg

Then, this BeechJet 400A. B)

VT-RPG_WSSL_070826.jpg

After that, my country man Berjaya came on time.

9M-TAL_WSSL_070826.jpg

Out of nowhere, ATC : "Niner Alpha Tango, please cross runway exit via Whiskey two and hold at Whiskey one. A C130 is on final" :yahoo:

My dish of the day - Lockheed L-100-30, civilian equivalent of C-130 hercules. :yahoo: :yahoo:

Earl gave me a blink some more. :lol:

ZS-RSC_WSSL_070826.jpg

ZS-RSC_WSSL_070826-2.jpg

Niner Alpha Tango's turn after a long wait at Whiskey one. The nice chap on the left hand seat gave me ride to my spot while I was walking by the road. "Thanks David!" :drinks:

9V-BAT_WSSL_070826-2.jpg

No roof, have to wear helmet. :pardon:

9V-BPB_WSSL_070826.jpg

ST Aero's Learjet 35A came back from training.

VH-PFA_WSSL_070826.jpg

Berjaya ready to leave, ferrying some well-heeled tourist to some tropical island of Malaysia.

9M-TAL_WSSL_070826-2.jpg

Bye bye.

9M-TAL_WSSL_070826-3.jpg

Last but not least. A shot of what I have flown - C152. From Left: Alpha, Bravo, Echo, Foxtrot. Charlie & Delta is on maintenance.

SFC-C152_WSSL_070826s.jpg

In conclusion, 'test flight' of 30 Delta sucessful!! :yahoo:

Thanks for viewing.

Transformation of an Aircraft

4/9 (TUE) - Tri M.G (PK-YGI) was first spotted on morning at the parking apron at the other side of the runway. Was towed to ATTC hangar later in the evening.

5/9 (WED) - Golf India was seen stripped off her engines and Tri M.G livery.

6/9 (THU) - Golf India was seen with new THAI GLOBAL livery.

So Guys, 'new plane' to spot!!!! :yahoo:

Grab shot of Golf India on a fine Friday morning.

PK-YGI_WSSL_070907.jpg

Spy shot from SFC. :rolleyes:

PK-YGI_WSSL_070907-2.jpg

Close-up of the her tail and logo on my way back home.

PK-YGI_WSSL_070907-3.jpg

The engines - PW JT8D-7B

PK-YGI_WSSL_070907-4.jpg

Anyone have further info about her? :help:

Also seen at the Stork Fokker hangar were Mandarin twins Fokker 100 (B-12296 & B-12297), HanSung Airlines ATR-72-200 (HL5229) and Air Deccan ATR-42-500 (VT-ADK).

p/s: Sorry for the image quality. All are grab shots from a moving car. :sorry:

Thanks Sam! :)

Some rather slow traffic seen on this Sunday morning at WSSL.

US-registered Piper Arrow IV. Very nice colour.

N4349A_WSSL_090907.jpg

A320. Anyone?? :rolleyes:

B-22310_WSSL_090907.jpg

Malaysia's ANU came. :lol:

9M-ANU_WSSL_090907.jpg

Then, the regular - Berjaya Alpha Lima. Head On! B)

9M-TAL_WSSL_090907-2.jpg

Nose shot ala Azahan-style. hoho... :D

9M-TAL_WSSL_090907.jpg

Thanks for viewing. :)

Kamov 32A. :yahoo:

Coming out of Sunset glare with a blink. :pardon:

HL9288_Kamov32A_WSSL_070919-1.jpg

In golden light n blue sky. :yahoo:

HL9288_Kamov32A_WSSL_070919-2.jpg

What is special about this heli? No tail rotor! It uses 2 coaxial rotors that turn in opposite direction on the same mast, thus cancel out the torque effect.

Caught her thru the window of my bunk.

Thanks for viewing.

Some catches from this morning at WSSL.

Royal Thai Air Force A319-115X CJ. Last seen at KUL in late AUG. Arrived last weekend, maintenance at ST Aero. Petal-type reverser opened. <_>

HS-TYR_WSSL_070922.jpg

Mr BIG. I believe she was formerly 9V registered. Anyone can confirm? :help:

9M-BIG_WSSL_070922.jpg

Mandarin's Fokker 100 as mentioned in post #29.

B-12297_WSSL_070922.jpg

First jet-departure I caught this morning - a Gulfstream G-IV. :yahoo: Sexy!!!

If u want a mouthful of 'Niner, Niner, Niner...', say her rego. :rofl: :pardon:

N9999M

N9999M_WSSL_070922-1.jpg

N9999M_WSSL_070922-2.jpg

N9999M_WSSL_070922-3.jpg

To be continued...

Thanks Raj.

Arrival of ST Aero's Learjet 45. Bucket reverser in operation. :mellow:

VH-PFS_WSSL_070922.jpg

The rego of this Bombardier Challenger 300 is quite funky too. N888CN. Very 'Ong' (good) for business man. :p

N888CN_WSSL_070922-1.jpg

N888CN_WSSL_070922-2.jpg

Last, two Singapore Air Force Eurocopter EC-120 conducting circuit training. Look like they are in fresh new paint. Very shiny! :)

9205_WSSL_070922.jpg

9203_WSSL_070922.jpg

Thanks for viewing.

Some update from yesterday afternoon.

Saw this B737NG carrying out a compass swing procedure at the remote apron on my way back home. Quick quick got my weapon and dashed out of the house. By the I reached my usual spot, she was already on her way back to the hanger. :( Beautiful, isn't she? :)

VT-JNP. She was in Jet Airways livery, but now wearing an unknown livery. Anyone got info about her? :help:

VT-JNP_WSSL_070926.jpg

Tale of 3 tails.

VT-JNP_WSSL_070926-3.jpg

Some collateral catches.

AirMark's Antonov 32

EW-262TK_WSSL_070926.jpg

Indonesia Air Transport's Dassualt Falcon 20C.

PK-TRI_WSSL_070926.jpg

HRH Sultan of Johore's Gulfstream IV (9M-ISJ) was also seen in front of Jet Aviation hangar.

Thanks for viewing. Sorry for the heat haze and backlit photos. :sorry:

Yes Mr Big used to be 9V-BIG with Singapore flying club. According to Mr LEE of sfc, this plane was sold to one chap in malaysia. It could have been used by one of Johor's flying club now perhaps. Also the Tampico TB-9 flys pretty well compared to the C152s that college operates currently.

Cheers :drinks:

Mr BIG. I believe she was formerly 9V registered. Anyone can confirm? :help:

9M-BIG_WSSL_070922.jpg

Edited by Colin Kok

Thanks Andrew! :)

I was spotting with Kwek this morning. He almost (I said almost :pardon:) had all of wishes answered when both a/c he wished for did both take-off and landing. This is something that I never encounter in course of my numerous weekend spotting at WSSL. <_ i shall let kwek to post his runway action shots first.>

In the meantime, I would like to share some photos from the Fokker hangar. :rolleyes:

Huge funky nose. :yahoo:

B-12297_WSSL_070929.jpg

Head-on shot.

B-12297_WSSL_070929-2.jpg

Side profile.

B-12297_WSSL_070929-3.jpg

Do u happen to have some pics of the C152's cockpit view and a closer pic of the Cessna plane?? I was not into photography during my days in the college. Sian n regret man!!!!

Sorry Colin. No cockpit shot as camera is not allowed in the apron. :( But I have these. :mellow:

9V-FCC (C152 aerobat version)

9V-FCC_WSSL_070929.jpg

9V-FCF (C152 II)

9V-FCF_WSSL_070929.jpg

If you require a higher resolution of these pix, pls PM me.

Last but not least. The Panoramic overview of the runway.

panorama_WSSL_070929.jpg

Edited by kianhong

Met up with Kian Hong for a spotting session at Seletar. I had 3 items on my wishlist ....

First, I must have my dose of Antonov cocktail....I got a double, an Antonov departure AND arrival as well. Good start!

EW-262TK - An32. (yes Pieter, its that one - again :yahoo: )

EW-262TK_front_100_3335_hi10_reduce.jpg

Rotate!

EW-262TK_rotate_100_3349_hi10_reduc.jpg

Second item on the wish list item was to witness an executive jet movement.....Granted!

VH-PFS_100_3488_hi10_reducedc8.jpg

She departed too!

VH-PFS_100_3579_hi10_reducedc8.jpg

Third item? I wanted to witness a "large" aircraft movement at WSSS - alas that's reserved for another day!

Seletar's rather quiet on a weekend. Nothing really moved, except for the resident mosquitos! You get to see them over and over again......

Youth Flying club's CT-4, flown by a lucky young chap, a future B777 pilot perhaps.

9V-BPB_100_3709_hi10_reducedc8.jpg

Another shot!

9V-BPB_100_3893_hi10_reducedc8.jpg

And a feeble attempt at panning of the Piper Warrior

9V-BOG_100_3401_hi10_reducedc8.jpg

Rounding up was a short walkabout round the Fokker hanger area.....bonus was this Mandarin Fk100.

B-12297_100_3964_hi10_reducedc8.jpg

Cheers!

Thanks guys for the kind comments. :)

Here's my take on An32. 2 relatively large engines compared to her fuselage cross-section.

EW-262TK_WSSL_070929.jpg

Then, this Learjet 45. Head-on!

VH-PFS_WSSL_070929-3.jpg

I wonder why is the Mandarin Fokker 100 doing in SIN...it is so far from its usual operating route, which is, within Taiwanese domestic routes only. Has it been sold...considering that Mandarin is now using Embraer and ex-CI 737s.

Denny, I believe she has been sold...i'm trying to find out where to, I know Skywest has 2 more coming and no details of where from!

Hmmm... I have no idea these Mandarin's Fokker 100 have been sold. But something for sure is these Fokker 100 are here for maintenance, perhaps C or D check before delivery to new owner? :help: B-12297's twin, B-12296 is current inside the hangar going thru checks while B-12297 waiting outside.

Busy busy, here's a late post of stuff I caught on a dull morning earlier this week.

Civil EC-120 - 9V-RWC. Note the dull hazy weather, brightened up by the great subject in the background....

9V-RWC_100_4710_hi10_reducedc8.jpg

Well, Kian Hong, my wish number 3 has been granted -a double portion. :rolleyes:

LAT returns as HS-AAP, seen here after backtracking on landing Runway 21, aiming for Whiskey 2 exit.

HS-AAP_100_4745_hi10_reducedc8.jpg

Without a doubt the star of the morning, HS-TYR on departure roll for a test flight.

That's just reward for staring blankly at a very quiet and hazy airfield for about 2 hours. Worth it I say!

HS-TYR_rotate_IMG_4821_hi10_reduced.jpg

Beginners luck at Seletar!

I was spotting with Kwek this morning. He almost (I said almost :pardon:) had all of wishes answered when both a/c he wished for did both take-off and landing. This is something that I never encounter in course of my numerous weekend spotting at WSSL.
Edited by Kwek

Extremely fine weather today! Went out for a walk and a short spotting session after a long day of studies. :pardon: Didn't expect much... but then one of the funkiest resident in WSSL roll out to whiskey one for departure within a short while after I arrived at the spot. :yahoo:

Antonov-2

:yahoo: Funky funky Bi-plane. :yahoo:

ER-AIS_WSSL_071009-1.jpg

Sky Prince? :blink:

ER-AIS_WSSL_071009-2.jpg

If catching her was not enough, she gave me a low fly-pass. Why? Cause she climbed very slow! :pardon:

Filthy belly against clear blue sky. <_>

ER-AIS_WSSL_071009-3.jpg

Thanks for viewing. Sorry for the backlit photos. :pardon:

Thanks Norman, Pieter and Hoe Jyh!

I finally nailed these particular 'mosquito' species of Seletar. :yahoo: :rofl:

First departure to area alpha - College 13 under early morning light.

9V-FCE_WSSL_071010.jpg

Followed by College 15. :)

9V-FCD_WSSL_071010.jpg

A few more from Wednesday morning. Kwek, I can't tahan already, must not waste this opportunity to spot during weekdays. :D

Representatives from Beechcraft - 1900D.

PK-RGA_WSSL_071010.jpg

Norman, this is for you. KingAir C90B. But someone dim the light. <_>

VH-PFK_WSSL_071010.jpg

Following are a/c from one of the other two SFC operate out of Seletar.

Seletar Flying Club.

N5748E_WSSL_071010.jpg

9V-BOQ_WSSL_071010.jpg

The other SFC mentioned is Singapore Flying Club.

And the only jet departure on that morning - Canadair Challenger owned by Air Charter AG. Not as sleek as other bizjet like Gulfstream, but I bet very spacious inside the cabin.

HB-IKS_WSSL_071010.jpg

Edited by kianhong

Spotting resumed after ATPL. :D

A surprise visitor caught on Saturday. Mil Mi-8 without cargo door. It's huge!

YL-HMB_WSSL_281007-1.jpg

9V-BOZ_WSSL_281007.jpg

Due prevailing wind from the south. Berjaya Dash-7 departed on RWY21. A first for me.

She probably used only less than half the runway available at the point of lift-off.

9M-TAH_WSSL_281007-1.jpg

Positive rate. Gears up!

9M-TAH_WSSL_281007-2.jpg

At the moment she passed infront of me, gears completely retracted. That's not even the end of runway yet! Amazing STOL performance! :blink:

9M-TAH_WSSL_281007-3.jpg

Catch of the day. This sleek looking light jet - Beechcraft Premier 1A. :)

N390RC_WSSL_281007.jpg

What a better way to enjoy the views offered by Seletar than having a a picnic here.

picnic_WSSL_281007.jpg

Sorry guys. Have been real busy for the past week. :pardon: Phew... spotting from WSSL resumed.

Fresh off the paint shop is this Dassault Falcon 2000. Formerly in CITIC GA livery.

B-8020_WSSL_071109.jpg

Anyone know where is she going? :help:

I was surprised to see her in the Hawker's paint shop last Saturday at XSP! She's only quite new...

Here is a picture I got of her, just 2 days after her delivery from France to China at Subang in very very late November 2006.

B-8020atSZB.jpg

Edited by Liam Gibb

That's her! She has been here in Hawker hangar for quite some time. I think she is ready to be delivered within this week or so.

I was surprised to see her in the Hawker's paint shop last Saturday at XSP! She's only quite new...

Here is a picture I got of her, just 2 days after her delivery from France to China at Subang in very very late November 2006.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/lia...B-8020atSZB.jpg

Yesterday weather was crappy! It's better today, at least have some light now and then for spotting. :)

I luv you, Hawker! Thanks for having test flight on Sunday. :drinks:

First up, a Hawker 800XP off for test flight in the morning. She is one bizjet with a better livery than most I've seen here so far. Very cool silver

eagle. BTW, RELIGARE is a financial services institution based in India. They also have a Bell 430 stretched AirWolf which can be found in this post.

N58521_WSSL_071111-1.jpg

After 2 hour of test flight, landed with air brake, bucket reverser and full flaps on. Test ... Test ...

N58521_WSSL_071111-2.jpg

Backtrack to exit runway via whiskey 2. Bucket reverser still on. Love this frontal shot! :yahoo:

N58521_WSSL_071111-3.jpg

The surprised of the day is this 757-200. I bet it's the largest a/c ever land in WSSL, at least the largest seen so far. She explained the large tail fin that I saw for the past 3 days. Ex-Sun d`Or International Airlines (Israel) and going to be converted to freighter for FedEx (N916FD).

N916FD_WSSL_071111.jpg

Piper Cherokee Six going to back to Senai. Bye bye.

9M-AVN_WSSL_071111.jpg

A Maule MX-7 with STOL capability. Her range is 200KM as stated. :p

N200KM_WSSL_071111.jpg

The last 2 is for Uncle Norman. :)

Another test flight from Hawker hangar! :D

Beech Super King Air 350 (VH-FIX) from Flight Inspection Services Australia. She is used to FIX ILS or other navaids just like our Calibrator. Look at all the antennas on her.

VH-FIX_WSSL_071111-1.jpg

Go around for RWY03 approach, made a quick turn, then joined downwind for RWY21. Good maneuver! :clapping:

VH-FIX_WSSL_071111-2.jpg

That's all for today. Enjoy and thanks for viewing.

No worries, plenty of opportunity to meet up in future at SIA FCC. Are u on Cargo terms or main fleet terms. You might get the chance to fly the Jumbo before she retires in 2012-13. The 744 fleet might be taking in new Second Officers soon to replace people like me so that I can move on to other fleets.

Enjoy Jandakot, Kianhong. I throughly miss the small but darn busy Aussie GA airport. Maybe I can arrange with bro Leech to go visit you at the college when he operates a Perth flight.

Safe flying mate. :clapping:

I am with main fleet and I don't mind the beautiful Jumbo at all. :D

Come come ...

Something interesting from today. Two funky bi-plane together. :yahoo: You definitely don't see this everyday, especially around this region.

ER-33645_WSSL_071121.jpg

BW version, blast from the past... could Seletar look something like this during WWII time? :rolleyes:

ER-33645_WSSL_071121_bw.jpg

Thanks for viewing. Sorry for the crappy light n weather. Has been raining everyday. :(

Edited by kianhong

Some traffics from Sunday morning. Blue sky!!! :yahoo:

Quite a regular to Seletar. Awesome looking n incredibly fast jet!

9M-ATM_WSSL_021207.jpg

Any info about this rotor? She was seen carrying out circuit training in Seletar.

PK-UHN_WSSL_021207.jpg

Pelita Air + Helicopter ? :pardon:

PK-PUL_WSSL_021207.jpg

p/s: Will repost some of the lost entries due to DB crashed.

Before reposting pix lost due to db crashed, here's some photos to share from last night.

Dusk.

WSSL_dusk_111207.jpg

Went to see this... another Citation X. Nicely lit by the apron light. :yahoo:

HS-CDY_WSSL_111207e.jpg

ST Aero hangar with a A321 and two B737.

WSSL_HDR_01.jpg

Seletar Tower.

WSSL_HDR_02.jpg

It won't be complete without a pano shot of WSSL at nite. (click for a larger 3566x600 jpg). Sorry for the glare. :(

pano_seletar_nite_s.jpg

Thanks for viewing.