MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
affendi osman

Row 13 on MH 734

BC, how about 9? if no wrong, '9' mean long term, or sth like that.

and how about 787-800/900? if i remember correctly, both of this model also available rite? <_>

Edited by Samuel Chy

BC, how about 9? if no wrong, '9' mean long term, or sth like that.

and how about 787-800/900? if i remember correctly, both of this model also available rite?

You see, in Cantonese (especially those spoken in HK and surroundings). "7" (pronounce in 3rd tone) is a slang for stupidity. If you call someone a "chat tau" (7 head), it means that guy is a fool. "9" (4th tone) is the slang for the male genitalia. So if you put "79" together, it means that guy is one hell of a bloody fool. In that sense, 797 isn't so lucky. Are we on the same page, BC? ;)

By the way 767 isn't any better either, as "76" is the slang for the male genitalia as well ;)

..... Are we on the same page, BC? ;)

..... as "76" is the slang for the male genitalia as well ;)

Not as eloquently as you SV !!

BTW, shouldn't it be "67" instead ?! :)

Sam,

SV's explanation better than mine ! Yeah, '9' can also sound like 'long time' - or 'dog' too. Oh the possibilities !

Edited by BC Tam

Well, Gerd Muller once a feared German football striker wore the No.13 jersey and he scored lots and lots of goals.

BTW, shouldn't it be "67" instead ?!

Yes you are correct as well. I have a HK friend whose high is "167"cm and he refuse to admit it, instead he wrote his height as 168cm. That says something, doesn't it ;)

Sign in to follow this