MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Victor Goh

Aspiring pilot

Guys,

Would like to hear your opinions on things. How would someone start his career as a pilot? For me, i would think that one would start after SPM, get good grades, apply, wait, if successful, enter training then eventually starts.

My side of story will be after STPM, get some working experience (cos result not that good), then currently applied for aviation industry job (accepted as GSA for AK), later slowly pull cables & hopefully someday get the chance.

My point of post will be is there any other alternatives you guys think ok to suggest to aspiring pilot that does not have a direction to start with? Hope you guys can help to fill the sky with lots of wonderful & talented pilots.

Thanks

Victor :drinks:

the way u wanted to chose is the long way as I am doing now...im now in the stupid box industry..sooner or later I become as stupid as the stupid box..hehe...I have been applying for cadet pilot for 7years ya..lol...if u chose this way u will have to be very very lucky to even go through first round of the interview in SIA...lol..not to say finish the final round to get into cadet pilot...

another way is to go for training school urself..go find in google and look for malaysia aviation training college..I look for it few days d...the total cost for ATPL will be about RM180k...so sad I dun have money...that is why I buy 3 lottery every time I see a guy selling it....lol....unless u get loan from ptptn or bank...then u must have a rich family..

3rd way join military...be a jet fighter pilot and get to fly first then apply back to commercial pilot...this is hard ya...as said in mandarin "Hau nan pu tang ping, hau tie pu ta ting" (if u dun understand this then nvm..hehe)

4th way is also work first...get some money...take the pilot course step by step rather than take all togather...haiz...how am I going to get RM180k....too slow...

What I'm planning to do:

1) Finish Diploma first

2) Try to get a place in a flying academy as a private cadet

3) Try to secure a job in airlines

Might try to apply for cadet pilot too if offered by airlines. If not I better go as a private cadet instead

Sign in to follow this