MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Ellist

KLIA 32L/14R closed for maintenance

Hi there...I just hav my AK flight to Jakarta this morning and my flight took off from 14R, which was closed for maintenance...The aircraft did a back tracking at 14R and took off half length of the runway...I was so surprised and i told my friends but they dont believe me! :( Do u guys hav the news of this so that i can prove to them... :drinks:

Edited by lch

Hi there...I just hav my AK flight to Jakarta this morning and my flight took off from 14R, which was closed for maintenance...The aircraft did a back tracking at 14R and took off half length of the runway...I was so surprised and i told my friends but they dont believe me! :( Do u guys hav the news of this so that i can prove to them... :drinks:

When I go spotting at the Observation Hill a.k.a. Oscar Hotel in the mornings I always see both runways being used. I guess the traffic is heavier in the mornings, hence the two runways. But since the threshold (is that right?) at 14R is still under upgrading works the planes (must be small planes only) have to move further to start flying. Sorry, I am not an aviation man, so I am using layman's language.

Was mentioned HERE ;)

same case for me..

two weeks ago on my AK flight to JHB..

aircraft entered runway through c5..

hope this helps..

IPB Image

Was mentioned HERE ;)

thanx man! terima kasih banyak banyak :drinks:

When I go spotting at the Observation Hill a.k.a. Oscar Hotel in the mornings I always see both runways being used. I guess the traffic is heavier in the mornings, hence the two runways. But since the threshold (is that right?) at 14R is still under upgrading works the planes (must be small planes only) have to move further to start flying. Sorry, I am not an aviation man, so I am using layman's language.

yeah...i tot 14R has been completely closed down for operation...make me so scared yesterday in my flight... :rofl: :lol:

same case for me..

two weeks ago on my AK flight to JHB..

aircraft entered runway through c5..

hope this helps..

IPB Image

the first thing came in my mind was" The pilots entered the wrong runway?! "

mayb i m too sensitive dy :rofl: :rofl:

yeah...i tot 14R has been completely closed down for operation...make me so scared yesterday in my flight... :rofl: :lol:

Heheh somehow I found this funny too :p

thanx man! terima kasih banyak banyak :drinks:

no need to scare one. our atc and pilot are very competent in doing their job

Sign in to follow this