MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Isaac

Citibank Credit Card

Is there any FFP (Frequent Flyer Program) associated with the Citibank Credit Card ?

Thanks in advance.

I used to work with Citibank in their Bankcard Collections Dept. (Credit card la). I tell you you DON'T WANT a credit card. ohmy.gif wacko.gif

Is there any FFP (Frequent Flyer Program) associated with the Citibank Credit Card ?

Thanks in advance.

6071[/snapback]

In Hong Kong and Taipei, Citibank and CX has a joint-program on Citibank's AsiaMiles/Visa CC.

I enquired with Taipei Citibank, but was told outright this CC requires a USD30,000 minimum monthly in your private banker a/c (they didn't even bother to ask to see my payslip). Yeah, wait till they hear about my Swiss bank a/c. mad.gif

Currently there is a promotion...earn 50,000 AM and redeem it for CX 744 simulator session in CX City in HKG.

In Malaysia the only credit card that's directly linked to airline redemption is RHB/Air Asia card. General credit cards like Maybank, Citibank etc. can convert your monthly balance into 'points' which only then converted into actual airline mileages. You don't really earn mileages as much this way. Not available to Malaysian residents though, but world's largest airline (AA) teams up with world's largest bank (Citibank) for their mileage credit card.

Anyhow, I came across this article on CNN a while ago about airline credit card. Interesting...

Dirty secrets of airline credit cards

January 7, 2005: 2:57 PM EST

By Jeanne Sahadi, CNN/Money senior writer

http://money.cnn.com/2004/09/22/pf/debt/airline_rewards/

user posted image

Well, who in the right mind would carry such a huge balance of $3,000 for one year? Everyone knows that the interest is just plain overkill! (18% p.a for Malaysia's case).

Is that "airline reward" credit card requires you to have a "balance" in your credit card in order to get the free tix?

I tell you you DON'T WANT a credit card.  ohmy.gif  wacko.gif

6110[/snapback]

Azmal, care to elaborate futher ?

6389[/snapback]

First, try this: http://www.zilchworks.com/CreditCardMath.html

Then try missing just one payment (or, if you're feeling adventurous, try three), report the outcome to me blink.gif Make sure you do really have enough money to pay up for the delayed payment + interest.

P/S: Try this at your own risk. Tehehehe...

By the way, is there any twist behind the "free for life" EON Bank & AM Bank credit card ?

There is a "vicious circle of a debt feeding another debt" phenomena plaguing the younger generation group (20s-40s year olds). It is so alarming that psychiatrists are prescribing treatment for them.

Here's the scenario: on average, an individual will have 3 cards. They will use the other cards to fuel their spending eventhough they have/almost hit the limit with the initial cards. Its a vicious circle, and it has led to suicide.

The bank laughs if you miss just ONE payment (not because of the relatively small amount you owe, but the amount of interest the delayed payment will incur. Even if you have been making steady monthly payments, roughly 60% of your payment goes towards the interest. Check out the Credit Card Math link above. That's why it feels like it takes forever to finish off your balance).

Specifics with THE bank? I've seen all kind of problems cardholders have when trying to make payment. Some outright lie, some go to Ah Longs, some just ignore our calls. This bank has an ENTIRE floor at its Tower with the same name in Jln Ampang dedicated to officers making calls to credit card payment defaulters. Imagine being hounded 3-4 times a day until you make the payment - through your mobile, office phone and home phone. Not a moment's peace until you agree to pay some amount. If no payment until a certain time, the bank even sends out agents to get payment from you in person. You can run but you can't hide.

One tip: If you are already in a situation with the said bank, do yourself a big favour. PICK UP THE PHONE when they call you. Ask them if there's a way out of paying for the interest through the nose (nicely of course). Most cardholders make the mistake of ignoring calls and letters they only lead themselves to certain financial ruin.

If you haven't already got a card, better don't.

Sign in to follow this