MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
kandiah k

UA inflight and meal service

Hey guys,

Does anyone know the inflight and meal services on UA flights

on the CDG-IAD-CDG route ? I did a random check and it looked

like they are fine. How about their service ratings ? I am travelling

that route in Jan and was wondering what to expect from UA.

Thanks in advance for your input.

:drinks:

I guess no UA pax here eh ? ;)

Anyways, how do i find out the specific aircraft details of my

flight on MH ? Anyone know the reg. number for the flight

to CDG on the 9th of Jan and the return on the 29th from CDG ?

Do let me know :rolleyes:

Give it some time, I knew there are quite a few UA pax here. I never have a chance to try their product but inflight food is quite nice from what I heard. Don't worry about the rego, just find out the equipment, for this route MH use T7, which mostly refurbished, ur chances to get the upgraded service is high or may be heliconia :drinks: . And lucky you again, flight to IAD, UA uses T7 again.....which is all comfy! This post may not really helpful but good enough for my 2 cents :D Have a nice trip to US!!!

Give it some time, I knew there are quite a few UA pax here. I never have a chance to try their product but inflight food is quite nice from what I heard. Don't worry about the rego, just find out the equipment, for this route MH use T7, which mostly refurbished, ur chances to get the upgraded service is high or may be heliconia :drinks: . And lucky you again, flight to IAD, UA uses T7 again.....which is all comfy! This post may not really helpful but good enough for my 2 cents :D Have a nice trip to US!!!

thanks Seth. I look forward to getting the info soon !!!

:rolleyes:

I flew them quite a lot in the 90s in economy and my most recent Y class experience is a couple of flights from about 2 or 3 years ago. I still think that in economy they are the best US airline (which is not that hard to be) i have flown transatlantic, but then again, they are all inconsistent. Amongst those I have flown transatlantic, I would rank them UA,AA,Delta,CO.

anyway, their 777 are a bit older, so while there is PTV, I wouldn't expect too much in terms of movie choices and probably not on demand. Check in staff and in flight service quite friendly and food is decent.

Last June I flew on N777UA from JFK-LHR in C class. One of the last flights on that route. I wasn't very impressed. I believe it is the first 777 in service, and it looks old... PTV would not sit up straight, very small for C class, food was very poor - overcooked steak. There was a real B*itch of a steward serving us. He ignored request for water, drinks, etc. It would have been an average flight, but that steward just spoiled it.

The UA inflight experience really depends on the route you fly...

I haven't flown UA transatlantic, only Australia-USA. So I can't really offer an analogous experience for comparison. Why? UA crews operate routes by seniority. The MEL/SYD-SFO/LAX routes are amongst the longest in the network and therefore have the most cynical and jaded crew working on those flights. Not one of my experiences were positive. The only redeeming feature about UA is the E+ access for elite FF members who happen to be stuck in Y- but they've scrapped that for non UA *Gs. My UA status will cease in Feb 07 so after that date - I like UA no more. :p

OTOH I've heard people say good things about UA for their intra asia flights, eg SGN-HKG, SIN-HKG, SIN-NRT etc, and these flights tend to be operated by crew members based in Asia.

Anecdotal accounts suggest that UA is the least worst North American carrier, perhaps along with CO. ;)

Edited by Keith T

Hey guys,

I just had one of the worst flights ever with UA.

Service was mediocre and the crew were behaving

as if we were criminals in the prison and they hardly

had any smile on their face, one of them even decided

to sit down and chit chat with some pax while the others

were busy serving food and knocking people with their

trolley carts !!!

Will update more later once I return from USA.

:angry:

Im flying again on the 28th of Jan on UA915, hope they can proof me wrong on their service quality !!

:mellow: :mellow:

Baaaaahhhhhhhh, doing mileage runs ??? :pardon:

Baaaaahhhhhhhh, doing mileage runs ??? :pardon:

Those transatlantic cheapies make great runs if you're accruing miles to UA. Even the deeply discounted buckets earn at least 100%. It's quite lucrative, especially when they have the double EQM promo on. Sometimes to LH too as UA miles accrue a 25% bonus on LH M+M.

Or when combined with a back to back.... :pardon:

*dodges from flames by airline staff* :D

Edited by Keith T

well, you can't expect much from any US airline... If u are used to Asian or even european airlines, you would be in for a shock. When it is good, it feels only slightly above average, when it is bad, it is really really bad.

hey guys,

Im on work laa not using my miles and why would I use it on UA when I have better options available !!!

:help: :help: :help:

Ahh...

Mileage Run = Flying for the sole purpose of topping up your FF account. ;)

Sign in to follow this