MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

Small Aircraft Crashes Into NY City Building

Guys here's a link to the crash video. Some CCTV or surveilance cam caught the crash event. looks like it's flaming

Ogrish.com - Plane crash into Manhattan skyscrapper

Don't worry, I already directed you guys directly to the link, you woun't see anything else...........you know what i mean.

Azuddin

Edited by Azuddin

care to elaborate some more?

Yeah, care to elaborate? :blink:

Ok, my friend, whose the name is Brenden, he is a New York Yankees fan. If he hears that a Yankee pitcher was killed in that NY crash, He will not be happy :mellow: :o .

Edited by Andrew Ong

Ok, my friend, whose the name is Brenden, he is a New York Yankees fan. If he hears that a Yankee pitcher was killed in that NY crash, He will not be happy :mellow: :o .

wasn't that confirmed that the NY player was on board? and i'm sure your friend would have heard by now unless he was trekking across the Sahara by himself for the last couple of weeks. :)

Just Kidding, but I think this is all fate.

Haven't heard anymore reports about the incident. Will seach the NTSB later on uring lunch break.

More news related to the New York Yankees, and the SR20 crash at New-York:

October 15, 2006

A private jet reportedly carrying New York Yankees baseball star player Alex Rodriguez overshot the runway at a Los Angeles area airport on Friday, just days after teammate Cory Lidle died in a small plane crash in New York.

"There were seven people on board and no injuries," said Victor Gill, director of public affairs at the Bob Hope Airport in Burbank, outside Los Angeles.

Gill did not have information on the identities of the passengers. But ABC News said that Rodriguez was aboard the jet and had told an ABC reporter by phone that he was doing fine.

The twin-engine jet landed at Burbank on Friday morning and stopped in an emergency area beyond the normal runway that is designed to collapse and bring the aircraft to a quick halt.

(Reuters)

and:

October 15, 2006

US regulators have banned virtually all small planes from a popular New York flight path over safety and security concerns prompted by this week's crash of a plane that hit a Manhattan high rise.

The Federal Aviation Administration said it would prohibit general aviation aircraft from the low-altitude East River corridor in most cases, effective immediately. It will remain in place indefinitely.

The flight lane that abuts air space at LaGuardia Airport is predominantly used by private fliers and sight-seeing operations, as well as traffic helicopters.

Some New York politicians were alarmed after Wednesday's crash that planes could still get close enough to New York's skyscrapers and other landmarks five years after the September 11, 2001, hijack attacks destroyed the World Trade Center towers.

A single-engine plane owned by New York Yankee pitcher Cory Lidle slammed into a residential tower at roughly 500 feet during a sight-seeing flight that had followed the East River corridor.

Investigators have not determined who was flying the plane or why it crashed during a turn, but Lidle and a flight instructor were killed.

Lidle told air traffic controllers before he left Teterboro Airport in New Jersey he was heading to the East River flight path in his Cirrus SR20, which did not require him to file a flight plan or maintain radio contact with FAA controllers.

The FAA said seaplanes will still be allowed to use the East River flight lanes as will traffic helicopters. Those planes that are allowed to fly along the East River must maintain contact with air traffic control, the FAA said.

Aviation experts said the East River corridor, unlike a similar flight path along the Hudson River, is narrow and can be challenging for novice fliers. The FAA restriction does not apply to the Hudson River corridor.

(Reuters)

US regulators have banned virtually all small planes from a popular New York flight path over safety and security concerns prompted by this week's crash of a plane that hit a Manhattan high rise.

The Federal Aviation Administration said it would prohibit general aviation aircraft from the low-altitude East River corridor in most cases, effective immediately. It will remain in place indefinitely.

I would have thought this was already in place since 9/11... an oversight by the regulators perhaps?

Sign in to follow this