MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Jacky Goh

First A380 flight with passengers

Maybe consider solar powered, install the panel on the wings :)

Got your idea from TVB? Solar Air?

Solar Air...No sun, no fly... :rofl:

Got your idea from TVB? Solar Air?

Solar Air...No sun, no fly... :rofl:

That was a horrible show lah fren, my girlfriend watched it religiously... some things they got right, but most of it was crap! the Japanese one is much better... apparently using ANA aircraft

What is the rego for this air craft? Is it F-WWOW?

From Airbus:

A380 Early Long Flight Series near completion

8 September 2006

A380 MSN2 took off from Toulouse-Blagnac (southern France), for the fourth and last of the planned Early Long Flights this morning at 7 a.m. for a 15-hour flight. Once completed, the total distance flown by the A380 during these four flights will be equivalent to a little more than one trip around the world. All four flights were performed out of Toulouse.

The series of four "ELF" passenger flights was launched on Monday 4 September, when it started with a seven-hour flight, followed on Tuesday the 5th by a ten-hour flight. In the night of Wednesday the 6th to Thursday the 7th a night flight of 12 hours was performed, to be followed by today's 15-hour flight. All four flights went extremely smoothly, the aircraft operating as expected. Passengers - all Airbus employees - totalled 1,900. All have been asked to fully test the cabin and cabin systems so as to ensure the aircraft's maturity and excellent operational standards at entry into service.

"The flights have all gone very well and it has been a real pleasure to fly Airbus employees for their first trip on the A380," said Claude Lelaie, Head of Airbus Flight Operations. "Despite the cabins being almost totally full, what was most striking was the impression of spaciousness. Another striking feature is its outstanding quietness," he added.

Passengers were asked to fill in a questionnaire giving their impressions on cabin systems including air conditioning, lighting, acoustics, in-flight entertainment (IFE), galleys, electrics, toilets and water waste systems. Comments were globally extremely positive. The aircraft was configured in three classes in order to test different cabin layout options and seat arrangements. The flights were operated in standard airline conditions.

Average cruise speed during the flights was at 0.85 mach (850 km/h). During the flights, the aircraft also reached its cruising ceiling of 43,000 feet/13,106 meters. Overall, the four flights will have totaled 41,750 km in distance of a little more than one trip around the world. After today's flight has landed, the A380 test programme will have reached 2,000 flight hours in 616 flights since the first flight on 27 April 2005.

With 159 firm orders from a total of 16 customers, the Airbus A380 is already a proven success story and set to become the flagship commercial aircraft of the 21st Century.

MSN2 - therefore the approprirately registered F-WXXL

gotta love that last quote on the Airbus press release... bet they're wishing they didn't count their chicken before the eggs hatched!

That was a horrible show lah fren, my girlfriend watched it religiously... some things they got right, but most of it was crap! the Japanese one is much better... apparently using ANA aircraft

I know ey! I've seen that before, and yes 'Good Luck!' is way better (although not perfect).

---

Proven success? Hmm...I doubt the 'proven' part... <_>

I can't wait to see an A380 in personn :yahoo: :drinks: . But what comes into mind, will MAS use the A380-841 for KUL-TPE-LAX route, I'm very anxious to know right now :help:

I can't wait to see an A380 in personn :yahoo: :drinks: . But what comes into mind, will MAS use the A380-841 for KUL-TPE-LAX route, I'm very anxious to know right now :help:

Andrew, you'll be pleased to hear that MAS is planning to deploy the A380 on the KUL-TPE-LAX route :) When they arrive that is.. But I don't think it would be a daily service as Sydney and London will get that...

maybe 6 aircraft isn't enough come to think of it... :D

Andrew, you'll be pleased to hear that MAS is planning to deploy the A380 on the KUL-TPE-LAX route :) When they arrive that is.. But I don't think it would be a daily service as Sydney and London will get that...

Thank you for notifying me, this is perfect now for my Malaysia Trip 2010, I hope MAS considers it and my dad's cousin (chief flight attendent for MAS) can go for the A380. Then I can get first hand look at the A380 in real life :yahoo: :drinks: :clapping: :lol: :D !!!!

Edited by Andrew Ong

Thank you for notifying me, this is perfect now for my Malaysia Trip 2010, I get to ride the A380 instead of the aging 744 :yahoo: :drinks: :clapping: :lol: :D !!!!

well fingers crossed anyway! :) let's see if they make it to KL by 2010 :) haha :help:

I will give it a try if they do the MH94, because i might be a frequent flyer for this route maybe in 2 or 3 years time, my family planning on moving.

I will give it a try if they do the MH94, because i might be a frequent flyer for this route maybe in 2 or 3 years time, my family planning on moving.

well, I would love to fly to LAX via all possibilites from KUL.. eg. with KE via ICN, with SQ via ICN, with MH via TPE, with SQ via SIN, with CX via HKG, with JA via NRT, with BR via TPE, with CI vie TPE, with TG via BKK, with QF via SYD, with UA via SYD, with QF via BNE, maybe even through China! hmmm limitless options... only thing is you would lose out mileage from multiple trips on a single carrier... MAS.. join Skyteam lahhh then at least there are moe options! :)

well, I would love to fly to LAX via all possibilites from KUL.. eg. with KE via ICN, with SQ via ICN, with MH via TPE, with SQ via SIN, with CX via HKG, with JA via NRT, with BR via TPE, with CI vie TPE, with TG via BKK, with QF via SYD, with UA via SYD, with QF via BNE, maybe even through China! hmmm limitless options... only thing is you would lose out mileage from multiple trips on a single carrier... MAS.. join Skyteam lahhh then at least there are moe options! :)

KUL-DXB-ATL-LAX on EK/DL :pardon: :lol:

KUL-DXB-ATL-LAX on EK/DL :pardon: :lol:

like I said.. we live in a world of choices choices and more choices :) Maybe I could even take a BA flight from LHR with only 3 engines operating after a single engine fire shortly after take-off :) :pardon:

u ppl rich lah... all i can use is airasia :p duno will airasia use A380 to fly from kch to KL hoh :p

hahaha, I did say "I would love to fly".. hence its an ambition :) but whether I can every do it remains to be seen :) that's why we have goals in our life :)

A380 KCH-KUL? you never know :) hhha but I doubt it.. :blink:

Sign in to follow this