MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Tamizi Hj Tamby

Suprises at KCH skies!

Too bad the fly past was cancelled....and i'm too tired to go to Padang Merdeka on that morning,because i had slept around 2.00am,after returning from the countdown ceremony at the waterfront :(

From what I heard, it's the 'source code' for weapons release that was witheld by the US when they sold RMAF the F/A-18Ds.

Without the codes, you can still arm our Hornets with any missiles or bombs but they can never leave the rails...

How true this is, I don't know... sounds like someone from our ministry of defence forgot to read the contract document for the purchase...

This is why the government have not made any purchase of the FA18F Super Hornet despite the RMAF keen interest in it and having the funds in the previous Malaysia Plan 8. By the looks of it, I don't think Malaysia will buy any more major US weapons or equipments in the near future due to US discriminating weapons export policies to certain countries including Malaysia.

The US are afraid that Malaysia (and Indonesia) could use their own made in USA weapons against their interests (read : our small neighbour down south) should some pro-Islam leader takes over the country whether through proper election or ala Iranian Revolutions someday.

The way I see it in ASEAN's future, Malaysia + Indonesia + Vietnam BUYS MAINLY FROM THE RUSSIAN

Singapore + Thailand BUYS MAINLY FROM THE USA

This is why the government have not made any purchase of the FA18F Super Hornet despite the RMAF keen interest in it and having the funds in the previous Malaysia Plan 8. By the looks of it, I don't think Malaysia will buy any more major US weapons or equipments in the near future due to US discriminating weapons export policies to certain countries including Malaysia.

The US are afraid that Malaysia (and Indonesia) could use their own made in USA weapons against their interests (read : our small neighbour down south) should some pro-Islam leader takes over the country whether through proper election or ala Iranian Revolutions someday.

The way I see it in ASEAN's future, Malaysia + Indonesia + Vietnam BUYS MAINLY FROM THE RUSSIAN

Singapore + Thailand BUYS MAINLY FROM THE USA

Silly thinking from US dudes, you know why? because if that is to happen i.e having pro-islam leaders taking over the country, they'd still use Migs and Su's to attack their interest.. so why bother??? <_ src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_nea.gif" alt=":nea:"> :rofl:

Silly thinking from US dudes, you know why? because if that is to happen i.e having pro-islam leaders taking over the country, they'd still use Migs and Su's to attack their interest.. so why bother??? <_ src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_nea.gif" alt=":nea:"> :rofl:

Anyway, I believe if any democratically government in the world, either pro-'Islam' or pro-'what ever', none will attack first. It is the PREEMPTIVE ATTACK policy of the USA and some of its allies which is dangerous to the world. They can send their UAVs and fire hllfire missiles at any house/car/anything, and claim it was an attack on a terrorist meeting/hideout and nobody can do anything about that... not even the UN. They can even send UAV to fire at spotters with big bazooka lens and claim the spotters were actually carrying a real bazooka and trying to shoot down a FedEx or DHL plane!!!! :blink:

Maybe its not about who attack who, its more about the 'danger' of technology transfer getting in the 'wrong' hand.

Anyway, I'm still hoping that the FA18F deal gets through as it is one of my favourite fighter aircraft :good:

Hehe.. almost forgotten that this pix is still in my CF card.. thought it would be good to share even though no fly pass tat day :angry:

Foggy morning it was... 3 Nuri's in a single frame all airborne..

IPB Image

Fenex flying with the birds..

IPB Image

SupaLynx coming back from flypast..

IPB Image

Enjoy.. :)

Hey Ignatius,

Nice shots of the heli's..

Like the 1st Shot.. :good:

Pilot's must have Been alert throughout the time due to the weather..

Pilot's must have Been alert throughout the time due to the weather..

I sincerely hope pilots are alert throughout, irrespective of weather ! :p