MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
S V Choong

Old Tawau Airport

SV,

Many thanks for reminding us what TWU used to be like. Like what I've mentioned before, the terminal reminds me of what BKI used to be, you know, where T2 is now.

Used to make a few trips to TWU over the summer (northern hemisphere mind you !) holiday break, back during the mid 80's. Agree with you about Tawau being boring (mind you, I haven't been back for years now) - but during that period of time, the place was just oozing prosperity ! But then I suppose a 'good time' could have been found if one was so inclined !

Pieter,

Good choice !

How would you know?

I'm a drug pusher ! :D

Edited by BC Tam

spot on hah.

How would you know?

Walter, be afraid, be really afraid. I am suspecting Mr. Tam is working for the intelligence department of Sabah :D

That shows Sabah is indeed very a small world :D

If time allows I think Sandakan is a place to visit, SDK was the colonial capital of North Borneo before the Japanese bomb the hell out of her. There are pieces and remnants of the colonial past. Tawau has NONE of those. Except graves of the Japanese who worked at the Kuhara Estate of rubber and manila hemp and Kubota Estate of coconut.

Edited by S V Choong

Walter, be afraid, be really afraid. I am suspecting Mr. Tam is working for the intelligence department of Sabah :D

Hmmm, a novel and interesting (mind boggling in fact !) perspective of one's own identity !!

Ranting section : if an 'intelligence dept' does exist here in Sabah, it would imply 'intelligence' of some form and degree within the political & civil service systems. Sad to say, it does not appear such a department exists ! :p :D

I wonder if an intelligence department exists in malaysia at all :)

If it does, then they have successfully managed to keep it quite low profile.

Sign in to follow this