MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KS Ong

Goodbye our dear friend, Uncle Pieter

A few more photos of Uncle Pieter - Malaysian Wings 5th Anniversary in Singapore

34993476976_58db20ac2f_c.jpg

Our resident lobster.... :)

34646095240_3dee3e392d_c.jpg

1-2-3
34223160023_645a6602f5_c.jpg
Farewell, my friend. Rest well...

Rest in Peace Uncle Pieter. Deepest condolences to his family.

From me Giovanni Lawai on behalf of WBGGspotters.

I couldn't follow MW for a while (at least 6 months) because of my life was a bit hard about job conditions. Tonight, I had free time and I wanted to check out MW and.....

I really sad about heard/read that. Peter was a real fellow who never know distance between countries and always trying to help as can as he gets. He never forget me when take a picture of any TK planes. My deepest condolences to his precious wife, his family and friends. We will miss him. Rest in peace "Uncle Peter".

May he rest in peace. meet him once during 1st MW anniversary if im not mistaken way in 2006. sad indeed.

I was shocked, saddened and took some time to process this when I saw the news of Pieter's passing on FB, yet at the same time relieved that he's no longer in pain. I've had the pleasure of meeting Pieter & Mai a couple of times in Amsterdam and was able to share a couple of meals and bottles of wine with them. I'll always remember his generosity of spirit and enthusiasm for not just airlines but virtually everything in life. Pieter was someone who lived life to the full. RIP dude, hope you're enjoying the vantage point for plane spotting up where you are.

Edited by Keith T