MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Ashraf

MH needs to be concerned about FRA and IST now

With LH and TK being very aggressive in this market, MH needs to react quickly.

Both airlines are increasing capacity and are going for the group business.

LH is expanding its European leisure groups while TK is getting very good support from the Umrah agencies, as they are able to sell IST as an ideal stopover point for the

Muslim pilgrims.

I'm not sure if MH can do anything actually, so I guess it's just a matter of time.

They need not be too concerned if their marketing and route revenue teams work really hard. But then again, it also depends on the service offerings and etc. I think IST will be gone soon; as for FRA, it may stay on because the MAS and Tourism Malaysia Team there does a fair bit of promotions and marketing or perhaps even for prestige reasons. They lays have a deal for feed onto AA network to North America.

My opinion....

1. MAS now should revive the strategy on this KUL - Amsterdam, KUL - Frankfurt in term of product and service because KLM and Lufthansa much better.. Furthermore, some of professional analysis opinion MAS should go A380 on KUL - Amsterdam route rather than KUL - Paris to get the traffic of transit pax into KUL before they continue flight to aussie, nz, asean and north asia.
  2. MAS should consider temporarily suspended the KUL - Istanbul route and go special code share with Turkish Airlines on KUL - Istanbul route.
  3. MAS should consider restart KUL - Zurich route to get the traffic of business and transit pax from Zurich.

TK seems to have a very good product. My parents recently came back from London via IST, so they brought along inflight amenity kit and tapau some of the inflight meals to home, so I had the opportunity to sample the inflight meal too :D.

TK seems to have a very good product. My parents recently came back from London via IST, so they brought along inflight amenity kit and tapau some of the inflight meals to home, so I had the opportunity to sample the inflight meal too :D.

got pic? curious :-)

Sign in to follow this