MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Cire

Helicopter with Minister made an emergency landing

TANJUNG MALIM: A helicopter with 23 people, including Housing and Local Government Minister Datuk Abdul Rahman Dahlan, was forced to make an emergency landing here this afternoon due to technical problem.

In the 1pm incident, the helicopter, belonging to the Fire and Rescue Department, made the emergency stop at an open field near Klinik Deaa Pekan Trolak.

It was learnt there was a problem in the engine. A Tanjung Malim Fire and Rescue Department spokesman said the helicopter took off again after 30 minutes.

Abdul Rahman, along with his officer and media had earlier observed Ops Selamat being carried out by the department along the North-South Expressway.

Read more: Helicopter forced to make emergency landing - Latest - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/latest/helicopter-forced-to-make-emergency-landing-1.334275#ixzz2bKZyoJKK

Again, why do we need so many people to go on a flight just to survey the traffic? I guess the answer is plainly clear - for joy-ride.

This near mishap would surely requires a follow-up. Whether the helicopter is nearing its lifespan or replacement parts aren't coming on time.

I was lucky enough to see the drama. It was around 11 a.m. I was driving up north on PLUS and just after Trolak exit, i saw a bomba M-17 making a few sharp turn and dove towards the palm plantation. Luckily the passengers survived the near mishap.

Again, why do we need so many people to go on a flight just to survey the traffic? I guess the answer is plainly clear - for joy-ride.

This near mishap would surely requires a follow-up. Whether the helicopter is nearing its lifespan or replacement parts aren't coming on time.

If menteri goes for a visit, the Sec Gen will follow.

as well as menteri's Setiausaha Sulit

menteri's SecPol

menteri's body guard

menteri's PR

HoD, in this case Ketua Pengarah Jabatan Bomba

....and of course Bomba's Pegawai Khas will follow

and a few officers accompanying the Bomba, as well as a few officers from the ministry..

and maybe there are some Ketua Pemuda, or AJK Bahagian onboard too

Utusan, BH and BERNAMA's reporter...

so.....normal to have 23 pax

Which begs the question of why such a flight is necessary? I'm pretty sure a visit by the 'esteemed menteri' to the highway control centre would have sufficed, no? Thought we've got plenty of cameras on the highways already?

I thought emergency vehicles like Bomba's helo's should be on alert for emergencies, not used for joyrides like this?

Sign in to follow this