MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

Light aircraft crashes in Melaka Straits, three survive

The only news so far:

RT @hmetromy: Sebuah pesawat ringan terhempas di Selat Melaka, dekat Masjid Selat, Melaka, 8.26 malam ini. Tiga pelatih terselamat.

A light aircraft crashed in Melaka Straits, near Masjid Selat, Melaka, at 8.26pm just now. Three trainees survived.

NST: Three escape death in plane crash

By Jason Gerald John and Kelly Koh | news@nst.com.my

MALACCA: A Malaysian Flying Academy instructor and her two trainees escaped death when their Piper PA-28 aircraft crashed into the Straits of Malacca, near the Masjid Selat in Bandar Hilir, here, last night.

The trio were on a night flying training exercise when the light aircraft was believed to have experienced some tech nical problems before crashing into one of the busiest straits in the world.

The trio involved in the 8.20pm incident were identified as flying instructor, Capt Sharon Yee, 27, and second year trainees, Soh Shien Shoong, 22, and Faeroz Kamil, 23.

Yee was piloting the aircraft while Faeroz was the co-pilot. Soh was seated at the back row in the aircraft.

Read more: Three escape death in plane crash - Latest - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/latest/three-escape-death-in-plane-crash-1.325204?localLinksEnabled=false&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz2Zt1wqSWL

The pilot, identified as Shahrom, 27, co-pilot Fairol Bamir, 33, and student Son Sien Shoong, 22, had taken off from Batu Berendam airport at 7pm on a teaching flight.

Quoted from TheStar's report. Why did they have to play around with the names of the three involved? Poor reporting if you ask me.

Poor news reporting indeed. Nevertheless, one thing is for certain, all the occupants are alive.

Shahrom, Shar Rom, I bet the gaffe is more traumatising to the instructor than the crash itself, whatever his/her name is...

Sign in to follow this