MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Dr Chuo Hock Tieng

AK did it again?

I think that this happened last month. Not many people noticed it.

But they are not alone - Firefly re introduced their fuel surcharge and I believe MH also increased their surcharge last month.

Why not just incorporate the fuel surcharge into the fare? Then let the fare do the talking...

Most airlines keep their admin and fuel surcharges as well as airport taxes and charges separate from their fare.

I think it is more an accounting thing - they don't want variable fuel surcharges to upset their pricing models.

at least informing the public won't be that difficult?

I am not too bothered as I normally look at the bottom line fare anyway. So if the bottom line fare is not to my liking, I don't book.

I am not too bothered as I normally look at the bottom line fare anyway. So if the bottom line fare is not to my liking, I don't book.

Yup, totally agreed.

they will only advertise big big when there's a reduction, if increase, they will diam diam....they have increased the fuel surcharge during the big sale not long ago, so the customer will not notice about the increment of fuel surcharge... only few people notice the increase...

MAS also increased their taxes & surcharges quietly but no ones making a big fuss out of it... I wonder why.

With all due respect if you're not happy with the price, don't fly with them.

Edited by Walter Sim

they will only advertise big big when there's a reduction, if increase, they will diam diam....they have increased the fuel surcharge during the big sale not long ago, so the customer will not notice about the increment of fuel surcharge... only few people notice the increase...

To be fair to the AirAsia Group, during sales and offer periods, some routes actually do not carry any fuel surcharge. E.g. when they launched Sydney, this was what I got from the opening offer, RM571 return comprising of fare and airport tax with no fuel surcharges:

510844.jpg

Sign in to follow this