MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
alberttky

Dubai Airshow 2011 News

The giant has warned about the now confirmed delay of the A350. I hope MH can at least learn on how EK plan their fleet, looks very systematic, timely and no flip flopping.

impossible. as long as the CEO flip flops so too will the airlines LT plans. any bets on how long jauhari will last?

Yes, I think that D7 will probably do well to keep the A343s and complete the lease term rather than returning them early. A333 planes are like gold dust on the lease market. So, with 3 + 2 A332s and 2 A343s, they can operate more long haul (> 10 hrs) flights.

D7 is probably better off leasing any available B787s. Although it is adding complexity to planning, it is still better than having a capacity shortfall. Once KLIA2 is ready, they cannot blame MAHB for any capacity problems and can only blame Airbus for the delays. But shareholders and the travelling public will question them on why they did not emulate Emirates ordering alternative "insurance" aircraft?

Don't be surprised to see TF robbing MH's new A330 for D7

Is that likely when D7 already has deferred deliveries of same ?

You know, because no space at LCCT etc :)

A333 planes are like gold dust on the lease market

That being so, wonder if D7 considered taking deliveries of the "unable to accomodate at LCCT" 333's and lease them out to other carriers ? Would have generated some handsome cash flow :)

Don't be surprised to see TF robbing MH's new A330 for D7.

I think that D7 has no problems with A333 deliveries. It is just that they got nowhere to park them at the LCCT. Had KLIA2 been ready as originally scheduled, they would not have needed to postpone deliveries of so many planes.

That being so, wonder if D7 considered taking deliveries of the "unable to accomodate at LCCT" 333's and lease them out to other carriers ? Would have generated some handsome cash flow :)

No legacy carrier would want the 3-3-3 sardine can configuration that D7's A333's come in! ;)

This photo by Mwinger KS Ong shows how packed the LCCT is at certain times of the day!

PD7lineup2.jpg

More photos here: http://www.malaysianwings.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=16097&view=findpost&p=291129

I think that D7 has no problems with A333 deliveries. It is just that they got nowhere to park them at the LCCT. Had KLIA2 been ready as originally scheduled, they would not have needed to postpone deliveries of so many planes.

Maybe the'll start Indonesia AirAsia X now that they've got Terminal 3 in CGK. Or send some to Japan.

Sign in to follow this