MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
alberttky

Taipei airport's new observation deck opens

A new observation desk has opened at Taipei International Airport (Songshan), allowing up to 600 people at a time to watch aircraft take off and land for free.

According to the Taipei Times, the 1801m2 observation deck was part of the Civil Aeronautics Administration’s plan to renovate the airport after international flights resumed at the facility three years ago.

Minister of Transportation and Communications Mao Chi-kuo told the Taipei Times that he hoped the observation deck would become a new meeting place in Taipei.

Mao said the deck was a perfect place for couples to spend a romantic evening together and the Taipei Aviation Office might open a forum on its website allowing couples to post their love stories.

The observation deck is accessible through Terminal 2 and will be open to the public daily from 09:00 to 21:00.

http://www.passengerterminaltoday.com/viewnews.php?NewsID=34498

If only this is available everywhere...

Saw this on TVBS, it says that part of the deck used to be a restaurant, which has closed for 40 years. But recent increased regional flights from HND, SHA - revived its importance. So that's why the government upgraded the facilities. BTW, those lighted tree branch seats cost at least USD30k per seat imported from Spain.

13208407800434718009.jpg

054211v77pn7f7z7nga7ov.jpg

0542113dhcchy7cf7mhp7h.jpg

130809433484e60ffd0ffc7.jpg

20110207160534.jpg

I still think the old spot is most exciting. Can smell jet fuel and fee engine exhaus heat.

37246902034a41cf6ac4.jpg

Good! I just hope that they will have something better for us at the new LCCT. Anjung Tinjau at the MTB is not particularly interesting as it is so far from the runways.

hmm, nice attraction for Taipei. I like white sofas on the terrace but they should be "turnoff" the illuminate-lights becouse of they reflecting from the glass-wall!while seating, never seen from airport side by eye-height cause of reflection.

UpStairs are great idea.