MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Simon Beck

S-61 Nuri

There's one Nuri painted in all white c/s (United Nations style) wearing 9M-ZAR registration. If i'm not mistaken the rego actually belongs to a Cessna. Does anyone knows the real rego of the white Nuri (9M-ZAR)?

Majalah 3 showed it was deployed for operations at the Gulf of Aden some time ago and I found a photo of it on the net, Click here.

one parked at BWM airport . I saw it hear the corner of the RBA hangar. can see it there parked for long term.

You're not confusing it with the SAF Super Puma that is always there near the threshold of rwy 21@BWN?

You're not confusing it with the SAF Super Puma that is always there near the threshold of rwy 21@BWN?

oh SAF? thanks for the info. Not too sure what chopper is that & it looks very Malaysian type. What's the chopper doing there BTW?

oh SAF? thanks for the info. Not too sure what chopper is that & it looks very Malaysian type. What's the chopper doing there BTW?

To provide support to the foreign military based in your country, who arrive & depart discreetly via very early morning SQ flights.

How to be discreet on SQ flight?

Put on the shades

Pull up the collars

Minimal engagement with fellow humans

Adopt 'I'm totally not interested' posture/look

or something along that line ...... like how they do it in movies :p

I see. I know Singapore cadet & troops & national service frequently use Temburong virgin forest as their training groud. Also their embassy at kota batu is very big.

There's one Nuri painted in all white c/s (United Nations style) wearing 9M-ZAR registration. If i'm not mistaken the rego actually belongs to a Cessna. Does anyone knows the real rego of the white Nuri (9M-ZAR)?

Majalah 3 showed it was deployed for operations at the Gulf of Aden some time ago and I found a photo of it on the net, Click here.

Mir

I can't answer your question but on the same subject I have been looking for the serials of two all white Nuris with "UN" markings that were operated in Kampuchea during elections. There is a picture of the aircraft on one of the display boards at the TUDM Museum, but not good enough quality to see any serials.

Geoff

Put on the shades

Pull up the collars

You left out the trench-coats and the hat.

You left out the trench-coats and the hat.

The hat yes

To have on a trench coat travelling in/out BWN - as discreet as Leahy's 380 mingling about at Everett I guess :)

Lol.

The flight cannot be discrete as it is loaded with guys with similar crew cut.

Put on the shades

Pull up the collars

Lol.

The flight cannot be discrete as it is loaded with guys with similar crew cut.

It can be, when there's hardly anybody else at or around the airport at 4am.

one parked at BWM airport . I saw it hear the corner of the RBA hangar. can see it there parked for long term.

Is this the one you're referring to? I photographed this not long ago, it's parked not far from the RBA hangar.

puma_wbsb.jpg

Edited by MIR

That's the one zeqa was referring to.

Many years ago, it was at least one SAF Huey parked there, and then upgraded to a Super Puma and now this "version" of the Super Puma.

Sign in to follow this