MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
filipeseda

How to get from KUL to SJU

Yo,

I need to get to SJU in December for a family function. Given the obscure nature of SJU in the part of the world I'm in, it'll require some challenges. Going up with family from SIN, so essentially my journey starts in SIN. Preferably a stop in Europe to break the journey on the way back, but given it's in December there's the risk of snowstorms in northern European airports. Any suggestions?

Here are some routes that I've thought've

SIN-ZRH-MIA-SJU (SQ, LX & any US domestic carrier)

SIN- BCN (SQ)

(train to MAD)

MAD-ATL- SJU (DL)

Yo,

I need to get to SJU in December for a family function. Given the obscure nature of SJU in the part of the world I'm in, it'll require some challenges. Going up with family from SIN, so essentially my journey starts in SIN. Preferably a stop in Europe to break the journey on the way back, but given it's in December there's the risk of snowstorms in northern European airports. Any suggestions?

Here are some routes that I've thought've

SIN-ZRH-MIA-SJU (SQ, LX & any US domestic carrier)

SIN- BCN (SQ)

(train to MAD)

MAD-ATL- SJU (DL)

KUL - ICN (Korean Air), ICN - ATL (Korean Air), ATL - SJU (Delta Air)

Thought of that, but a Korean stopover isn't what the family wants unfortunately. And, I can't get the miles. Though, yup this is the most sensible route.

KUL - ICN (Korean Air), ICN - ATL (Korean Air), ATL - SJU (Delta Air)

Shahrir is quite on the money - KE is #1 between Asia and the USA. But since you're starting from SIN, here is a suggestion:

KE 642 SIN 0055 ICN 0810 B772ER

KE 035 ICN 1030 ATL 1100 B744 (same day departure)

and from there on you can connect with KE's SkyTeam partner Delta Airlines to San Juan which should be easy enough. You could join KE's FFP Skypass, and depending on the fare level you should earn at least 75% of the total miles. Plus, their miles have 10 years eligibility (one of the most generous!)

KE should treat you well, with a Korean meal option on both flights (bimbimbap & bulgogi anyone?) =P

Haha, one of that fakdnflanl korean foods,

Tell you the truth, I'm a Krisflyer guy, so it's pretty much either SQ for long-haul and of course MH for regional. Skyteam miles, won't really do because I don't travel skyteam and US domestic doesn't matter. I don't travel to the US for work. Last time it was a last minute UA booking, SIN-NRT-SEA-DEN. Previous to that it was pretty much SQ through EWR or VS through LHR and MIA routes, but those were in summer when the weather wasn;t much of a concern. But my golly, that's generous, TWO CARDS!! I've chcecked, KE fares are generally quite reasonable and as you said value for money but IDK what I'm going to use the miles for, unless I use it on GA to DPS when they become "Skyteamed", lol. Though, we're trying to look for a European stopover for a well deserved holiday. See first lah

What about EK, like through IAH, because that's I can get into EKs programme, since I use them fairly frequently. (2x yearly)

Here's my proposition:

SIN-AMS KL 77W

AMS-SXM KL 744

SXM-SJU AA AT7

Snowstorms should not be severe @ AMS in December...besides, the airport is well equiped for snow-removal, not like the UK airports... :pardon:

You could stay 1-2 nights at SXM, and visit the famous beach-arrivals at the airport...good swimming spot too :good:

Do know, IB flies non-stop MAD-SJU, but their inflight service is mediocre to say the least...see also the trip-reports on A.net for that...

Sign in to follow this