MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

RMAF Herkybirds to fly students out of Egypt

He has gotta be kidding ?! :blink:

"having to pay for their own fare back to Egypt.."

That's the bomb shell that these students and their parents have been having nightmares ever since they have been evacuated from Egypt.

Now, where are the politicians who have once waited at airports in their glamorous suits & ties to welcome back this students? Hm... can hear crickets singing....

Perhaps the G will ask MAS/AK to offer special chartered flights for these students at a "subsidised" fares...

hm..Who subsidise? I bet you know who...

Pahang with approx.150 students have fired the 1st.salvo by announcing that the state government will subsidise the airfares for its state sponsored students.

Others..yet to hear anything..perhaps waiting for PM to shake their hands a bit..hahaha

190 in Libya compared to the number evacuated from Egypt - should be piece of cake lah :D

Still, I don't see anyone tripping over themselves in rush to gain brownie points this time round ? :p

..hahha..perhaps now the "good Samaritans" know how expensive it is to ferry the students back, and in addition some would be thinking whether the G have been over sensitive to react or have over-done..

Edited by Cire

Is there any mentioned about Malaysian students in Libya? I think all of them are working there. 39% of the 190 Malaysians in Libya are from Ranhill alone which got a big construction project going on there.

Kohilan said most Malaysians were working in smaller towns in Libya at manufacturing plants, adding that some were construction workers or business owners.

Meanwhile, a Malaysian embassy spokesman in Tripoli said Ranhill Bhd had about 70 Malaysians working on a housing project in the country, MERGAWATI ZULFAKAR reports.

Is there any mentioned about Malaysian students in Libya? I think all of them are working there .....

PETALING JAYA: The 190 Malaysians, including seven tertiary students, in Libya .....

:)

Just to add..

KUALA LUMPUR: The Government has directed a RMAF C-130 aircraft to fly home 190 Malaysians, who have appealed to be evacuated from strife-torn Libya.

National Security Council secretary Datuk Mohamed Thajudeen Abdul Wahab said on Wednesday that the plane was now in Slovakia, and would fly to Rome and then to Tripoli.

“The aircraft is waiting for permission to land from the Tripoli International Airport authorities,” he told Bernama.

Meanwhile, a RMAF spokesman said another aircraft was on standby at the Subang Air Force base, awaiting instructions to help in the evacuation of Malaysians in Libya.

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2011/2/23/nation/20110223195535&sec=nation

I wonder where this 727 came from.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2011/2/25/nation/20110225135319&sec=nation

KUALA LUMPUR: A chartered aircraft has flown 127 Malaysians out from strife-torn Libya, National Security Council secretary Datuk Mohamed Thajudeen Abdul Wahab said.

He said the Boeing 727 aircraft, carrying the Malaysians and 59 people of other nationalities, left the Tripoli international airport at about 10.30am (Malaysian time) Friday and landed in the Tunisian capital of Tunis an hour later.

It is believed that five Malaysian students opted to remain in Tripoli, the capital of Libya which is seeing an uprising against its leader, Muammar Gaddafi.

Mohamed Thajudeen said the plan was to fly the evacuated Malaysians from Tunis to Rome in a C-130 aircraft of the Royal Malaysian Air Force (RMAF).

A Malaysian Airlines flight is scheduled to leave the Italian capital at 1.30pm (Malaysian time) on Friday with the evacuees.-Bernama