MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
S V Choong

JAL to revive former crane logo

JAL calls this a livery? This is a cut-and-paste job that could easily be accomplished in two minutes flat.

The font of the Japan Air Lines title is too bold, too hard and absolutely hideous.

If this is the airline's attempt to re-connect with its more glorious past and reach out to its previously loyal customer base, I think it should not be expecting a rousing welcome. At best, consumers will just be indifferent to the livery.

Very few complete livery makeovers have been successful and I personally rate those done by Hawaiian Air and Oman Air at the top. Finnair's rebranding exercise is a huge disappointment and for me, I still have yet to see a Malaysia Airlines widebody aircraft painted in the new livery - and therefore reserve my judgement on this revision.

KC Sim

They should have just changed the tail logo and everything should remain the same as it is ... or may be just alter the old crane logo a little bit. A new stylized crane logo perhaps ? Anyway, this livery is just pathetically hideous.

Sign in to follow this