MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Edwin Yii

Landing with Parking Brake "SET"?

Godness... its like driving a car then suddenly pull handbrake to full... must be hell-of-a landing experience...

Bet the parking brake item is not on the checklist

Ben-G

not a good one, that ERJ defenately need total tyre replacement. Any spotter smells burning rubber? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif I think the pilot been playing with Need For Speed lately and would like to see how can a plane drift.

I remember it happen to a NWA A330 somewhere last year don't remember it was A330-200 or -300. the plane had engine trouble and make emergency landing at NRT with parking break lock. A Japanese news air it on TV showing the tyres on left main gear cought on fire and smoky. the news shows some fireman rush to the wheel to extinguish the fire. My dad saw it at the hangar when he travel IAH-NRT a few days later.

The plane is only a month old and good thing it's still under Airbus waranty. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Azuddin

Edited by Azuddin

Wohohoh this is what I always do in FS when I attempt to land anything bigger than a B734 at KCH! laugh.gif

Wohohoh this is what I always do in FS when I attempt to land anything bigger than a B734 at KCH! laugh.gif

26775[/snapback]

I once land an A330 on FS with lock brake because i'm coming in too fast and lazy to do a go around. it touch down, but later the nose gear collapse.

another one on FS is my attemp to land a 747 at a small airport somewhere near honolulu. too fast, lock brake. the main gear damaged. nothing else i can do but just do a belly landing on the field

Azuddin

I once land an A330 on FS with lock brake because i'm coming in too fast and lazy to do a go around. it touch down, but later the nose gear collapse.

26778[/snapback]

So Azuddin, if you are a pilot( r u?), it's OK to damage some tyres and landing gears instead of go around? laugh.gif What the heck it just a FS biggrin.gif

I guess the checklist would have read "...Spoilers Armed... Autobrake Set .... Parking Brake Set...." heh heh.

Obviously they now have to design something to prevent the parking brake from being "armed" during flight.

So Azuddin, if you are a pilot( r u?), it's OK to damage some tyres and landing gears instead of go around? laugh.gif What the heck it just a FS biggrin.gif

26787[/snapback]

I'm not a pilot that's why. actually all of the damage above is just to test "what will happen". I do go around every other time if i required to do it.

Azuddin

Sign in to follow this