MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Alan B.

AERO MALL@SENAI AIRPORT LAUNCHED

The PM launched the Aero Mall at Senai Airport this morning. While it's completed the tenants have yet to move in. I understand it would be operational this 1st of June. Passengers both arriving and departing will have to pass thru the new extension to the terminal. As the pictures will show it's follows the current trend of using steel and glass in it's design with alot of natural light which is a stark contrast to the old building which is dark and dingy.

IMG00437-20100522-0709.jpg

IMG00436-20100522-0708.jpg

DSC_7466.jpg

DSC_7465.jpg

IMG00438-20100522-0709.jpg

A view of where the taxi and bus stands and on the right of the picture will be the private car pick up area

DSC_7467.jpg

This is the view as you enter the main door. Arrival is to the right and departure the left.

DSC_7464.jpg

Info counter. The large metal "drum" to the right is the aircon vents.

DSC_7468.jpg

View of the arrival area. The taxi and bus counter in the background with a KFC on the right.

DSC_7463.jpg

Looking outwards to the main porch and doors.

DSC_7469.jpg

View towards the Departure area from the arrivals.

Alan, nice pics, tell us more ltr, tq.

Here model of new Sultan Ismail Airport Terminal, Senai..i took this picture model display located at departure hall last year..at that time, terminal still under construction almost 60% progress completed..

Image020.jpg

Edited by Ikman Ikreza

Here are some close up shots of the model. The final building some minor changes. There is now an access ramp to the underground car park from the front and the open air alfresco cafe area isn't there.

IMG00439-20100522-0738.jpg

IMG00440-20100522-0739.jpg

IMG00441-20100522-0739.jpg

The new area will be much welcomed by travelers as the current landside area is warm and stuffy

Beautiful! Looks like my youngest bro at JHB will definitely have fun while waiting for his return flight to SBW in the future!

Beautiful! Looks like my youngest bro at JHB will definitely have fun while waiting for his return flight to SBW in the future!

Nice looking Aeromall...bit OT, your brother now studying in UTM? what course?

Nice looking Aeromall...bit OT, your brother now studying in UTM? what course?

OT:Yes,he is.He's supposed to be on leave right now,but he's taking the short semester.The course he's taking? Computer Graphics & Multimedia Software.