MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

AirAsia X to launch new route KUL - Seoul, Korea

I love Korea too!

From Twitter just now:

RT: @tonyfernandes: just been given rights to seoul. At last. Thank you Prime minister. now we must get sydney. Not fair that people have to pay high fares

Lols Naim, yeah, good to hear that too, i heard beginning this July, all AK flights will have a check in fee for each pax, OMG! Money2... :rolleyes:

New Zealand PM personally request to PM Najib for AirAsia to fly to Auckland on their meeting while in Washington. Good money for AK then and cheap ticket to NZ.

At last. I am not quite sure why MH is so protective about ICN. They only fly 5-6 weekly there. The case for SYD is very obvious though. I think the blockage of ICN and SYD first arose from the AK's debt case with MAHB.

Now Azran can breath a little easier as they have a new destinations to deploy their new A333s, which will be coming in this year.

As for New Zealand, yeah there has been a lot of buzz about AKL, but don't forget D7 also mentioned CHC too just a day after MH made their intention public about opening up a second New Zealand station. Azran was in South Island recently doing a bungee jumping. Not sure if this has to do with the airline opening up CHC. MH must be pissed off LOL!

25709_397753798544_639133544_3812959_1068390_n.jpg

D7 to fly to Seoul? glad to hear that! :good:

So,how many slots were given to D7 for KUL(LCCT)-ICN?

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

I think D7 is more ready to launch SYD that any other route. Much work still needs to be done with Seoul and we will probably need to wait a while before we hear something concrete. Meanwhile, D7 is promoting their double daily flights to MEL.

I think D7 is more ready to launch SYD that any other route. Much work still needs to be done with Seoul and we will probably need to wait a while before we hear something concrete. Meanwhile, D7 is promoting their double daily flights to MEL.

I'm waiting for D7 Flights to Soul Town! Still no official announcement! When? Oh... When??

On a side note, MH has increased their offerings to Seoul, flying daily from mid July, in anticipation of D7 perhaps?

MH adds frequency to Seoul

Tony even planned for Maldives as well, maybe next year, lols!

I'm waiting for D7 Flights to Soul Town! Still no official announcement! When? Oh... When??

On a side note, MH has increased their offerings to Seoul, flying daily from mid July, in anticipation of D7 perhaps?

MH adds frequency to Seoul

Hmm,does that mean KE will increase their flight to KUL as well,or code-sharing with MH?

Tony even planned for Maldives as well, maybe next year, lols!

Well there will be 3 more A333s arriving this year and SYD is still not approved. So they have no choice but to explore other routes.

What happened to their flight to Oakland? Since when they terminated it?

That was not a commercial service - it was a special flight to seal the sponsorship deal.

D7 has just taken delivery of 9M-XXF, and I wonder where they will deploy this aircraft. Looks like it will be to India/Iran first and then Japan/Korea?

Edited by flee

More South Koreans To Visit Malaysia With AirAsia X Daily Flights

SEOUL, July 30 (Bernama) -- Malaysia will receive more tourists from South Korea when budget long haul airline AirAsia X operates daily Seoul-Kuala Lumpur flights starting November.

Tourism Malaysia deputy director Said Zulkifli Said Ahmad said flights between Incheon International Airport (IIA) and KL International Airport (KLIA) will be launched in Seoul on Aug 2.

He said the Kuala Lumpur-Seoul daily flights would increase South Korean tourist arrivals to Malaysia to 300,000 compared to 250,000 last year.

"Tourism Malaysia will campaign hard as South Koreans usually travel during the winter months of November until February," he told Malaysian reporters at his Seoul office in Hansung Building here Friday.

Korean tourists who comprise mostly golfers, environmentalists and scuba divers love to visit Malaysia as the country has a lot of destinations to offer.

"They love Sabah for the many golf courses, rich marine life and the protected environment."

Tourism Malaysia is promoting the country via Korea Travel Fair (KOTFA), Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) programme, Malaysian Food Festival and Busan Travel Fair.

Said Zulkifli said about 500 South Korean families had joined the MM2H programme. Some 90,000 Malaysians visited South Korea annually.

Malaysians captivated by TV series 'Winter Sonata' and 'Autumn In My Heart' usually visit Seoul Tower and shop at Itae Won, Dong Dae Mun and Nam Dae Mun.

He said Malaysia could market TV series to Korea now that the novel `Nyawa di Hujung Pedang' had been translated into Korean language.

The novel written by Ahmad Murad Nasaruddin was launched by Deputy Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin during his visit to South Korea which ended yesterday.

I know South Korean simply love BKI, but wonder if KUL would receive the same attention. I can't remember seeing a large group of Korean tourist in KUL compared to, say, Arabs.

BKI is a hit among Koreans,Am i right Waiping? There should be a Little Korea somewhere in BKI,but i don't know the location.

Who knows in the future,AK will be flying to Korea via BKI?

BKI is a hit among Koreans,Am i right Waiping? There should be a Little Korea somewhere in BKI,but i don't know the location.

Who knows in the future,AK will be flying to Korea via BKI?

At the moment I would be satisfied if the Korean LCC Eastar Jet is able to fulfill my dream of visiting the "Soul of Asia". :p

I think Datuk TF also mentioned they will be utilizing their A330 for this route.

Well AirAsia X will fly all routes over 4 hours. That is why KUL-TPE is operated by A333 but BKI-TPE is on the A320.