MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
KC Sim

Support Captain Budi Soehardi - URGENT

Hi all,

you may have heard of this wonderful man - Captain Budi Soehardi - who devotes a huge portion of his salary as an SIA B747 captain - to running an orphanage in Indonesia. As a result of the current recession, he was about to be made redundant by SIA but the airline has now offered him a 3-year contract. According to SIA, this was due to improving performance but it is also known that many of Captain Soehardi's colleagues have petitioned to SIA's management to extend his contract. Credit goes to all those who supported him and SIA's management for throwing him the lifeline.

Captain Soehardi is also a contender on CNN's Heroes Award and voting ends 18 November 2009 (6am Eastern Time) . . . which is a little more than 24 hours from now. It is always wonderful to find a warm-hearted person within our aviation industry and hobby. And as worthy as the other contenders are, I hope that you could support Captain Budi Soehardi as CNN's Hero. Vote urgent at http://edition.cnn.com/SPECIALS/cnn.heroes/index.html and there is no limit to the number of times you can vote for Captain Soehardi. Please vote urgently.

Thank you.

SIM Kok Chwee

Thks KC for ur post, i've voted for Captain Budi too...

I'm sure many people will vote for him, not just those from Aviation Industry but all people that know him.

It's hard to find kind hearted people nowdays, he's not just a good Captain, but also an angel...

May Gob bless him 24/7...

Edited by aaronhiew

Thanks sincerely . . . to all and to Norman for your support for Captain Budi Soehardi. I do not know him personally but really was touched by his kindness. Even as he faced the possibility of not being able to continue funding the orphanage, there was no talk of closing it down.

I was very much warmed by your pledge of support too.

KC Sim

Sign in to follow this