MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

Tony, where is your heart?

With Malaysia being a tropical country, AK has to consider that it rains here A LOT. Malaysia is not a western country. Up the fare by RM1 for the bridge, I don't think anybody minds.

RM1 here and RM5 there adds up, soon AK will no longer be a LCC. I think that when they started they wanted to get costs as near to zero as possible. The latest "convenience" charge (RM5 per pax per sector) is another example where pax (particularly Malaysians) did not like. I think AK is trying to do a balancing act - balancing between cost cutting and pax complaints.

I would like to see AK stay close to its model as an LCC and MH stick to its full service status. That way, people have a very clear cut choice. Pay less and you get less of everything. Pay more if you cannot sacrifice the creature comforts of a full service carrier.

Edited by flee

Aerobridge belongs to MAB and airport tax is gazette. In theory, AK can pass on the cost of using aerobridge directly over to pax as airport tax.

Believe one of the disputes between AK and MAB is over the amount of discount or rebate allowed for not using aerobridge.

:drinks:

November 28, 2009 15:01 PM

Fernandes Wins 'Airline CEO Of The Year For 2009' Award

KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 28 (Bernama) -- AirAsia Bhd's group chief executive officer, Datuk Seri Tony Fernandes, has been named the "Airline CEO of the Year for 2009" by Jane's Transport Finance magazine in London on Friday.

In a statement here on Saturday, the company said the award was presented to Fernandes for leading AirAsia to become the world's best low-cost airline and Asia's largest.

"Under Fernandes' leadership, the airline flew more than 75 million guests in less than eight years," it said.

Fernandes attributed the win to his staff and AirAsia's culture of innovation.

"I've come this far because of the support of the staff who inspire me and our culture of innovation in the workplace.

"We have grown AirAsia together, with everybody pitching in with ideas, actively finding new ways to increase efficiency, improving services by effectively combining technology and the personal touch, and aggressively and smartly marketing our brand," he said.

Jane's Transport Finance magazine is a UK-based provider of market intelligence and integrated solutions to the transport, public safety, defence, security and law enforcement sectors.

The publication gives awards annually to outstanding achievers in the airline, airport, rail, road and shipping sectors.

-- BERNAMA

http://bernama.com/bernama/v3/news_lite.php?id=458468

Sign in to follow this