MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Sri Ramani K.

KIST opens flying academy in September

KOTA BARU, THURS:

Kolej Islam dan Teknologi (KIST), which offers medical studies, has created its own history by offering flight training with the establishment of KIST Aviation Academy Sdn Bhd (KISTAA).

KIST president Muhammad Zamly Abdullah said the academy would offer the course for the Commercial Pilot Licence with Instrument Rating (CPL/IR) and Frozen ATPL (Airline Transport Licence).

"We have spent about RM20 to set up this aviation academy including the site and buying two aircraft -- the single-engine TECNAM P2002 JF and twin-engine P2006T from Italy.

"This internationally-recognised course for commercial flying will start in September at the KIST new campus in Kuala Terengganu," he told reporters at a function with the media, here, last night.

Muhammad Zamly said the Transport Ministry had on April 17 this year, through the Department of Civil Avation, given approval for KISTAA to conduct the flying course.

He said the first intake of 20 students would attend the 16-month course with at least 200 hours of flight training, including simulator training.

KIST, managed by At Qah Holdings Sdn Bhd, a Bumiputera company, is a private higher learning institution set up five years ago in Bachok, and opened a branch campus in Kuala Berang in January.

-- BERNAMA

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/Thu...icle/index_html

seriously, you should go and see the KIST campus in Bachok. you have to pass by a rehabilitation center and about 1.5km through the jungle before you see civilisation inside there.

"We have spent about RM20 to set up this aviation academy including the site and buying two aircraft -- the single-engine TECNAM P2002 JF and twin-engine P2006T from Italy.

Yeah funny indeed... :lol:

But I think it's typo-lah. How come you buy the land (and premise setup probably as well) and 2 aircrafts with RM20...

any further info from this flight school? :) heard from a friend of mine they are providing loans/or mara loans for students here....hence my sudden interest in this particular new school :)

p/s im getting old (nearly 30 okay :p) ...even starting to think that my son will continue this dream :sorry:

Huh? Start in September? I tought they have been there for years.. Maybe they just re-introduce their company with the new TECNAM aircraft been highlighted.. They have been flying 3 PA-28 so far with those TECNAM is still in their Airworthiness process..

Getting a CPL/IR or ATPL(f) is one thing, what to do with the license is another, more important consideration.

Huh? Start in September? I tought they have been there for years.. Maybe they just re-introduce their company with the new TECNAM aircraft been highlighted.. They have been flying 3 PA-28 so far with those TECNAM is still in their Airworthiness process..

post made in 2009 bro :lol:

Sign in to follow this