MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
KK Lee

Bottle in sealed bag

All duty free drinks brought into Australia need to place in a sealed bag. If a pax buy 2 bottle or more, duty free shop need to deliver these to the boarding gate :pardon:

Aussie airport security don’t permit transit pax to carry bottle even in sealed bag e.g. if pax is travelling to BNE via SYD, his bottle will be confiscated at SYD :angry:

However, bottle bought at Aussie airport need not place in a sealed bag if next stop is final destination :sorry:

Why the discrimination? To protect Aussie arrival duty free shop?

:drinks:

no. this is standard practice for ages since LAG. every airport also same. cannot carry in transit, will confiscate.

no. this is standard practice for ages since LAG. every airport also same. cannot carry in transit, will confiscate.

No, BKK allowed transit pax to carry bottle in sealed bag.

:drinks:

Aussie airport security don’t permit transit pax to carry bottle even in sealed bag e.g. if pax is travelling to BNE via SYD, his bottle will be confiscated at SYD :angry:

Does it apply to bottle 'bought in Asia countries' only and to protect local job ? :rofl:

Edited by Kee Hooi Yen

my friend's super expensive johnnie walker swing whiskey was confiscated by some australian security officer last time. the bottle of whiskey was all new, still in a box and not yet opened. it didnt matter that the duty free shop also sell the same liquor just a meters away from the security check.

the officer took the bottle, put it under her table and said it was illegal to bring it in. hmm... wonder what did she do with the with the whiskey.. might have a big party.

I had a somewhat opposite experience last time in China. I bought two bottles and put inside my carry on luggage. My friend also bought 1 bottle. The Chinese custom officer confiscated his but not mine. Said certain type of alcohol not allowed to bring out of China. Maybe his favorite brand. :p

Sign in to follow this