MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Sharil Abdul Rahman

Luggage woes at Heathrow

Hey guys.

To those who have been to LHR, how bad is the luggage service there?

While my upcoming trip to the UK is via STN, my trip back will be through LHR.

Heard horrific stories about lost luggage etc etc.

Anyone care to share experience?

Thanks

So far I think no problem. Last year-- From heathrow to BRunei-- No problem at all. I think those affected is the passengers using T5.

no problem for me too. I took emirates to dubai. Plane was delayed for 2 hrs. But luggage was fine :) I have to warn you though, the departure hall is very messy(somewhat like LCCT), pack with people everywhere. Unless you have lounge access, my advice is to find a cafe or restaurant and wait till they announce your flight.

Hey guys.

To those who have been to LHR, how bad is the luggage service there?

While my upcoming trip to the UK is via STN, my trip back will be through LHR.

Heard horrific stories about lost luggage etc etc.

Anyone care to share experience?

Thanks

Hi,

The lost luggage problem is mainly for ppls travel with British Airways! =x

The renovation infront of T3 departure hall is completed.. n it look nicer than b4! if u are travelin with MAS, pls be there early as MAS counter always pack with ppl. The departure waiting area always pack with ppl n now even worst , cz Iberia , finnair etc airline hd move to T3 due to the renovation in other heathrow terminal.

xx

Edited by r.yan

Flying SQ out of LHR you really should have no problems at all with your luggage.

As stated above the luggage nightmare last year @ LHR was due to BA moving services to Terminal 5 without BAA & BA properly testing their systems. Enjoy your trip.

Hi Sharil,

Returned to the UK mid Feb this year with MH. No problems what so ever. In fact it was the best that I have ever experienced in LHR. As usual got off the plane, queued at imigration with the world and his dog. By the time I got to the luggage carousel my suitecase was there. So....a definate improvement to how it use to be, in my experience that is.

As for going. Get to airside early if you are using T3, by doing this you will avoid the bazaar on landside. Chill out on airside with a bite to eat and a nice drink before you get to your gate. Enjoy your trip.

Sign in to follow this