MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sharil Abdul Rahman

Cheapest tickets to go to LHR and BRS

Ok guys, after talking to the 'financial minister', the plan for me to go to Uk will be like this:

Depart: KUL -> STN via AirAsia X

Return: LHR -> KUL via ???

there goes my conundrum. i have two pax going to UK, and one of us will be staying an extra week.

She will be going back via MAS ( ease of use, MH, etc etc) while i have two options:

Malaysian Hospitability or A380 via SQ.

Should i go with MH or try out the A380?

Maybe sifus, senseis and masters here can help me weigh in choosing my options?

i DO want to try the A380, but MH has better stewardess.....

i DO want to try the A380, but MH has better stewardess.....

Try the A380 first, that should be priority

If you find you still need a 'MH stewardess' fix', go on a short domestic joy ride after

That would be my humble take on issue !

What budget has the 'finance minister' given you?

Enough for airasia X and a legacy airline, but only one way each

Try the A380 first, that should be priority

If you find you still need a 'MH stewardess' fix', go on a short domestic joy ride after

That would be my humble take on issue !

long haul =/= short haul service.

but then its the A380...

Hmm...sudden change of plans now.

So my travel plans will be:

KUL->STN

LHR->KUL

And after consideration, i will go for SQ - wanna try the A380!

Hope that the TR is going to be entertaining like the rest of the TRs here

I checked online, it was 471.80 pounds, which is about 2520 ringgit.

Sharil, have you booked both the flights? Do they still work out cheaper than buying a return KUL-LON with a legacy airline?

Sharil, have you booked both the flights? Do they still work out cheaper than buying a return KUL-LON with a legacy airline?

I have yet to book both flights. Aim to do it by this weekend so i will still get the good prices.

It does actually. 2 pax return KUL-LON, on AirAsia X, with food and baggage allowance is equivalant to a single return LON-SIN-KUL on SQ.

Suprisingly, a one way LON-SIN-KL is 300 ringgit LESS than a return equivalent ticket.

It does actually. 2 pax return KUL-LON, on AirAsia X, with food and baggage allowance is equivalant to a single return LON-SIN-KUL on SQ.

Suprisingly, a one way LON-SIN-KL is 300 ringgit LESS than a return equivalent ticket.

Be very careful there, legacy airlines rarely offer cheap one way ticket for long haul flights. You might end up paying more compared to getting a KUL-LON return with Emirates, Qatar, KLM etc. If you decided to fly AKX on the way out, you might as well use them on the way back. :pardon:

Be very careful there, legacy airlines rarely offer cheap one way ticket for long haul flights. You might end up paying more compared to getting a KUL-LON return with Emirates, Qatar, KLM etc. If you decided to fly AKX on the way out, you might as well use them on the way back. :pardon:

Trust me, i have been checking around.

SQ is quoting me 943 pounds for two one ways to KUL, inclusive of Tax and charges.

This includes a ride in their A380 and 777 for the SIN-KUL leg.

I would go for AKX (not D7?) for return, but who can resist the lure of riding the A380? :D

True that you get cheaper prices with the gulf-region airlines, but i am one of the few people who LIKES to fly direct.

BTW, KLM offers a direct flight to BRS with a stop over at AMS, but its costly - about a bit more than a direct flight to LHR by any other airline.

Gonna settle my passport tomorrow and book SQ~

Edited by Sharil Abdul Rahman