MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Malcolm G

Anyone spotting in KL on Sunday?

I am coming to KL on Sunday for the afternoon and early evening to look at both Sepang and Subang Airports - spotting and photos.

I have rented a car - if anyone is there who knows their way around I would be happy to play chauffeur. I am interested in all aircraft types.

Please email me if you are around. I am arriving on AK124 arriving at 1225 and departing on AK127 at 1950.

Malcolm Greenbaum

malcolm@greenbaumtc.com

Hi Malcolm, welcome to MWings. Coming here only for such a short period ?

Covering KUL & SZB in half a day is a bit rush to me. From KUL to SZB will probably take you at least 40 mins or more. To and fro will probably take you around 2 hours. :mellow:

I will probably not spotting on coming Sunday as I sent my camera and lens for C check in the service centre. :angry:

Just for your info, Rwy in use these few days is 32.

Not to pour cold water, weather wasn't as nice as we wanted. Mostly cloudly or rainy in the evening for past few days. :sorry:

Well, it might be sunny on Sunday. :pardon:

Probably some other spotter might contact you if they are going for spotting that day.

Hi Malcolm, welcome to MWings. Coming here only for such a short period ?

Covering KUL & SZB in half a day is a bit rush to me. From KUL to SZB will probably take you at least 40 mins or more. To and fro will probably take you around 2 hours. :mellow:

I will probably not spotting on coming Sunday as I sent my camera and lens for C check in the service centre. :angry:

Just for your info, Rwy in use these few days is 32.

Not to pour cold water, weather wasn't as nice as we wanted. Mostly cloudly or rainy in the evening for past few days. :sorry:

Well, it might be sunny on Sunday. :pardon:

Probably some other spotter might contact you if they are going for spotting that day.

Thanks Chaity - I am there for seven hours which should be sufficient for an initial experience. I hope the weather improves for the weekend.

Going to SZB is like gambling, if you are lucky you able to catch some very unusual sight. If you are not, you only catch the usual ones like Berjaya Air, Firefly

wah simon...spotting eh this sunday?

...parents flying back from jakarta,one in MAS at 1800hrs, another one in Air Asia at 1830hrs, and then a1 somemore! waahhh...going to be an interesting sunday at klia! will contact you! definitely!

jom ramai ramai kita kasi gegar itu KLIA!

...beredar beredar! wahahaaaa...

Edited by Azlan S.

Chey .. got beredar but we are back to the same spot after 5 mins

The police themselves were hypocrites, they stopped at the threshold about 15 minutes to watch planes landing. When there is no aircraft movement and they are satisfied with the session, they came to call us 'beredar'

"Selamat Pagi Encik, nak tolong Encik beredar s'bab ini tempat larangan"

For Uncle Pieter and others : "Good morning sir, I need you to leave because this is a restricted area"

Beredar = literary "get lost !"

I'm going to Sepang today to visit my Aunt, probably going to stop by for spotting for a while.

Well I came to KL on Sunday afternoon and has a very nice time. Flew with Air Asia - leg room was not very good!

I rented a car (didn't realise it was a 15 minute bus ride from LTCC to Main Terminal to get it :angry:

I went to Subang straight away - nice easy drive - took about 35 minutes. I was lucky to catch 3 Firefly ATRs on the ground. I have some queries from here if anyone can help. There was a smart looking Citation XL or Sovereign in the Cessna hangar but the heat haze was to bad to identify it. Anyone know which one it was?

Also at MAS maintenance on the right hand side there were some Deccan A320s - DNW was one, do you know the others? Also a green Nok Air B737 if anyone knows.

I followed the perimeter road around and found a couple of extra roads to drive down to get close to the action. One was a side road close to the military entrance.

Then back to Sepang - parked by the Met Station for two and a half hours with no hassle. A few visitors came and went - one family even had a camer and tripod out taking photos! When I took the car back the service road was full of cars with families watching the planes.

Nothing too exciting at Sepang apart from Shenzen and Xiamen B737s.

Thanks to all who gave me advice - if you can help me with my questions I would be very grateful. Finally does anyone know someone who works at Subang - it would be great to get a tour there as there were lots of other planes in hangars to see.

Regards

Malcolm